Next Step

Goose5453 Guest

Okay so I've done all of the available lessons on the Cessna on FS98. I'm now comfortable with the Cessna.

What is the next step? One thing the lessons don't do for you is give you any help setting a course. How could I in the flight sim do a very simple airport - airport flight and set the headings, radio etc myself? I guess thats the next step.

I'm in the middle of some deep reading from a link suggested on this forum. I must admit it is a struggle to understand it.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

FS98!!?? (good times, good times)

Dude, get FS 2004, it's only 10$ (after mail in rebate) at places like comp usa now.

Goose7812 Guest

I've only recently got serious about flight simming and dusted off this ancient game I found in the loft. I figured might as well skip FS9 and get FSX instead. According to MS my comp "SHOULD" run it, it runs the demo.

Now I've done the lessons, how do you get to do your own flying without some crazy voices screaming at you?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just 'Create a Flight' and off you go [sp?] 😂

Goose7817 Guest

Do you guys plan out a route. I'm looking at some stuff about working our routes and putting them into a flight plan. It's all very difficult, is there an easy tutorial for a flight say from Tampa to Orlando as an example. Or a real short flight that I can learn how to work out the radio settings and how to set navigation courses etc.

This is what I'm looking at doing next. However I'm kinda struggling with it a bit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Goose7817 wrote:

Do you guys plan out a route. I'm looking at some stuff about working our routes and putting them into a flight plan. It's all very difficult, is there an easy tutorial for a flight say from Tampa to Orlando as an example. Or a real short flight that I can learn how to work out the radio settings and how to set navigation courses etc.

This is what I'm looking at doing next. However I'm kinda struggling with it a bit.

There are plenty of Stickies that deal with those issues [sp?]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...