Flight Log

Biagio58 Guest

Hi, I would like to know if, in the new MSFS 2020, it is possible to change the data that is recorded every time a flight session is opened. (e.g. I start a flight but interrupt the session before taking off, this will still be written to the log but I would like to cancel it).

Thank you.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

Great question about the flight log in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). I completely understand your concern, as sometimes we might not want to save a flight session that was incomplete or interrupted. Unfortunately, as of now, there is no built-in feature within the simulator to edit or remove individual flight sessions from the logbook.

However, there is a workaround to achieve this. The flight log data is stored in a file that can be accessed and modified manually. Please note that editing the logbook file can be risky, and I highly recommend backing it up before making any changes. To locate and edit the flight log data, follow these steps:

• Close Microsoft Flight Simulator if it's running.
  • Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages
  • Inside the Packages folder, locate the LocalCache folder and open it.
  • Here, you will find a file named Logbook.BIN. This file contains the flight log data.
  • Make a backup of this file, just in case anything goes wrong.
  • You can use a hex editor or specialized software, such as Little Navmap (which can be downloaded from https://albar965.github.io/), to open and edit the Logbook.BIN file.
  • Carefully remove the entries corresponding to the unwanted flight sessions.
  • Save the modified file and restart Microsoft Flight Simulator.

After following these steps, the unwanted flight sessions should no longer appear in your logbook. Please be cautious when editing the file, as any mistakes might corrupt your logbook or cause issues with the simulator. Always make sure to have a backup of the original file before making any changes.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need more assistance, feel free to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...