Troubleshooting Real-World Weather with the Jeppesen Engine: Methods and Alternatives

R.D.WYLIE Guest

HOW to get the JEPPESEN weather engine to work?  I have tried doing a reinstall and even OPA MARSHALL T&T unless I missed something.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I see that you're struggling with the JEPPESEN weather engine in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). It's a common issue, especially since Microsoft's contract with Jeppesen expired. But, don't worry; I'm here to guide you through the process of resolving this issue.

1. Verify Your Installation
First off, you mentioned attempting a reinstall. Let's make sure it's done correctly:

1. Uninstall the weather engine completely.
  2. Reboot your system.
  3. Reinstall the engine and make sure all the required dependencies (DLL files, etc.) are in place.
  4. Restart FSX.

Note: If you've tried this already, you may want to move on to the following steps.

2. Check for Updates
Sometimes, outdated components can lead to issues like this. Therefore, ensure you have the latest updates for both FSX and the weather engine.

3. Consider Alternative Solutions
Since the Jeppesen weather engine's reliability has been inconsistent in FSX, it may be time to look for alternative solutions.

• FSXW: A free option that has been proven to work well for injecting real-world weather back into FSX.
  • Commercial Add-ons: Various paid weather programs could offer more features and better support.

From my knowledge, FSXW is an excellent choice if you're looking to avoid spending extra. You can find it online with a quick search.

4. Contact Support
If the above methods don't help, it might be a good idea to reach out to the developers or support forums specifically related to the Jeppesen engine.

Final Thoughts
Though the Jeppesen engine used to be the go-to for real-world weather in FSX, its inconsistencies since the contract expiration have led many to seek alternatives. If the provided solutions don't resolve the issue, I recommend exploring other weather programs compatible with your platform.

Also, please note that the solutions mentioned above might apply to the latest simulators like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12 if they share similar functionalities. It's worth exploring if you plan to upgrade in the future.

Hope this helps, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...