Jabiru 160C in Plane 11 on MACOS Ventura

Pro Member Trainee
Fognozzle Trainee

I am using the Jabiru to practice flying the same plane in real life, but when I configure the hat switch to make the internal view what I want them to be, this messes up all of the external views.

I like to have the straight ahead (default ) view with enough of the panel showing to show most of the instruments, an have the ability to glance left and right, and return to the default view. It appear to always want to return to a view with the panel much too high.

When I set up the hat switch for the internal views my spot view and the left and right views from the plane are impossible, and I have a view from behind the plane, and which pans away from the plane to something useless.

Is there a solution to his?

Thanks

Foggy

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Foggy,

I completely understand your concerns with the Jabiru 160C views in X-Plane 11 on macOS Ventura. It's essential to have a seamless view transition, especially when practicing real-life flying scenarios. I'll do my best to help you with this issue.

Firstly, let's address the internal views using the hat switch. X-Plane 11 uses Quick Look feature to customize and save your preferred views, both internal and external. Here's how you can set up your internal views:

• Position your internal view with the panel and instruments as you desire (use the arrow keys, mouse, or other assigned keys to do this).
  • Press and hold the Control key and a number key from 1 to 9 simultaneously to save the view (e.g., Control+1 for your default straight-ahead view).
  • Repeat this for your left and right glance views, assigning them to different number keys.

Now, you can simply press the assigned number key to switch between your saved internal views quickly.

Next, let's tackle the external view issue. You can set up and save your preferred external views using the same Quick Look feature. Here's how:

• Switch to an external view (e.g., spot view) using the Shift+4 key combination.
  • Adjust the view to your liking (use the arrow keys, mouse, or other assigned keys to do this).
  • Press and hold the Control key and a number key from 1 to 9 simultaneously to save the view (e.g., Control+7 for your spot view).
  • Repeat this for other external views you'd like to save and assign them to different number keys.

After setting up your internal and external views, you can switch between them using the assigned number keys without affecting one another. This should provide you with a smooth and efficient way to switch views without messing up your preferred angles.

You can find more information on configuring views and controls in X-Plane 11 in the official manual, available at X-Plane Manuals.

I hope this helps you to optimize your views in the Jabiru 160C and enhance your flying experience. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask.

Clear skies and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...