Camera replaces plane movement, Help me!

Charles Alexander Bayer Guest

Hello, im currently having a problem where the Views have replaced the Plane Movement, when i press 2, Camera goes done, when i press any other number in the pad, it moves the camera, Help me!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there!

I can understand how confusing and frustrating it can be when the camera controls are overriding your plane movement in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX). I've encountered similar issues in the past, and I'm here to help you resolve this problem.

It sounds like the NUMLOCK key might be causing the issue you're experiencing. When NUMLOCK is turned on, the numeric keypad functions as number input rather than navigation controls. This can cause the behavior you described, with the camera moving instead of the plane when pressing number keys on the numeric keypad.

Here's a simple solution you can try:

• Press the NUMLOCK key to toggle it off. This should allow the numeric keypad to function as navigation controls, and your plane movement should work as expected.

If that doesn't work or if you'd like to customize your key bindings, follow these steps:

1. In FSX, go to the Options menu and select Settings.
  2. Click on Controls and then the Buttons/Keys tab.
  3. Scroll through the list of controls and find the ones related to camera movement and plane movement. The specific controls you're looking for are under the Pan View and Aircraft Control categories.
  4. Reassign the camera movement and plane movement keys to your desired configuration by selecting a control, clicking the Change Assignment button, and then pressing the new key you'd like to assign.
  5. Click OK to save your changes and return to the simulator.

After trying the NUMLOCK fix or customizing your key bindings, you should be able to control both the camera and your aircraft without any issues.

I hope this helps you get back to enjoying your flight simulation experience! If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...