invisible Airbus a320 by Fly by Wire

Pro Member Trainee
10Boom Trainee

I am just learning to fly the A320 by FBW and when I started FS2020 the other day, then we had a big update from Asobo. then the plane was just gone!! has this happened to anyone else? I can't seem to get it back.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand how frustrating it can be to lose a beloved aircraft like the A320 by FlyByWire (FBW) after an Asobo update in MSFS 2020. It's not uncommon for third-party modifications to be affected by updates, but fear not, there's a good chance you can get your A320 back in action.

First, double-check your Community folder to see if the FBW A320 mod is still present. You can usually find the Community folder in the default installation path:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Alternatively, if you have installed the sim through Steam:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

If the mod is missing, you'll need to download the latest version of the FBW A320. FlyByWire usually updates their aircraft to maintain compatibility with the latest MSFS 2020 version. Visit their official website or GitHub repository to download the most recent release:

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

After downloading the updated FBW A320, extract the contents of the downloaded archive into your Community folder. Ensure that the mod's folder structure is preserved, and it should appear as flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo inside the Community folder.

Finally, restart MSFS 2020, and the updated A320 by FlyByWire should be available in your aircraft selection menu.

In the future, to avoid potential compatibility issues, it's a good practice to temporarily remove third-party mods from your Community folder before applying major MSFS updates. You can then check for updates to your mods and reinstall them once they are compatible with the latest version of the sim.

I hope this helps you get your A320 back and enhances your flying experience. Happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...