Installation Issue

Wilco2023 Guest

I want the option to play on a second pc if required, how do open/run sync data on a second pc.

I log on to MS account 2nd PC, open sim installation manager, I have to download the game again even if
it is installed on an external d: drive and works on initial pc??? Newbie, thanks..

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

It's great to see that you're enjoying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and looking to expand your experience to a second PC. I'd be more than happy to guide you through the process of setting up the simulator on your second machine.

To accomplish this, you'll need to follow these steps:

1. First, ensure that the external drive (DSmile with your current MSFS installation is connected to your second PC.
  2. Log in to your Microsoft Account on the second PC, as you have already done.
  3. Open the Microsoft Store and navigate to the Microsoft Flight Simulator product page. If you have already purchased the simulator on your primary account, it should show up as "Owned" or "Install" instead of the purchase option.
  4. Click "Install" to begin the installation process. When prompted, select the external drive (DSmile as your installation location. The installer should detect the existing installation files and verify them instead of downloading the entire game again. This process is known as "syncing" the installation.
  5. Once the verification process is completed, you'll be able to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 from your second PC.

If the Microsoft Store does not automatically detect the existing installation files on the external drive, you may need to manually point it to the correct folder. To do this:

1. Start the installation process in the Microsoft Store and choose the external drive (DSmile as your installation location.
  2. Pause the download immediately after it starts.
  3. Navigate to the folder on your external drive where the simulator is installed, and copy the contents of the folder.
  4. Paste the contents into the new folder that the Microsoft Store created during the installation process on the second PC.
  5. Resume the download in the Microsoft Store. It should now verify the existing files instead of downloading the entire game again.

I hope this helps you set up Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on your second PC, and you enjoy many fantastic flights on both machines!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...