Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Error 1335 during Installation

Hawkdriver34 Guest

Well into the installation process while still on Disk #1 I get the following error message: Error 1335. The cabinet file 'D1Fea~12.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

After doing a google search on Error 1335 I tried a few of this more simple fixes. I cleaned the DVD and the DVD Drive (not a burner).

I have tried the installation on two of my systems (both meet specs required for install including plenty of GB). I get the same error at the same point of installation.

Is it possible that I got a bad disk? I am taking it back to my vendor to exchange for another. Will this fix my problem, or am I up a creek and out $50 US?

Hawk

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete Nero software, then start/search for left over Nero and clean it out.
Reboot and try again.

Radar

Hawkdriver34 Guest

No Nero installed and a start/search found nothing.

Incidentally, when I start the installation it tells me that my drive G: is invalid. Drive G: is the designation given to my 1GB Store n Go USB flash drive. When I put the flash drive in, the installation continues. Is there a way to tell my system not to look for drives that are not connected, or to permanently remove the Drive G: designation.

I also read a post where someone had the same 1335 Error and solved it by using a DVD drive cleaner. I've tried that with no results. I can see not artifacts or anomalies on the DVD itself.

By the way, I am on a 2.66Ghz with 512MB. WinXP-SP2. 30GB free.

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hawkdriver34 wrote:

No Nero installed and a start/search found nothing.

Incidentally, when I start the installation it tells me that my drive G: is invalid. Drive G: is the designation given to my 1GB Store n Go USB flash drive. When I put the flash drive in, the installation continues. Is there a way to tell my system not to look for drives that are not connected, or to permanently remove the Drive G: designation.

I also read a post where someone had the same 1335 Error and solved it by using a DVD drive cleaner. I've tried that with no results. I can see not artifacts or anomalies on the DVD itself.

By the way, I am on a 2.66Ghz with 512MB. WinXP-SP2. 30GB free.

Thanks

What burner software are you using.
One other said Roxio was his problem.

Check your programs running, taskmanager and see. It may be one of them.

You can try safe mode that may work.
Radar

Guest

Thought I'd let you guys know I was having the same problem over and over. I tried all of the suggestions from search results, MS KnowledgeBase, etc.. to no avail.

Finally, I decided to copy the contents of both discs into one (new) folder on my desktop. I ran "setup" and it installed with no problems and I've been flying ever since.

Just thought I'd share.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Finally, I decided to copy the contents of both discs into one (new) folder on my desktop. I ran "setup" and it installed with no problems and I've been flying ever since.

Just thought I'd share.

Are you saying you created a new folder (what name did you give it) and then used this folder as your target installation folder?

What about Registry entries seing that you created that new folder on your desktop?

Guest

Tailhook:

I simply created a folder on my desktop call "Disk1". I then copied the contents of both FSX discs into that folder. (when you initially insert disc 1 into your drive you need to cancel auto-setup) Once you copy both discs just run the setup file. Your basically installing it from your hard drive instead of the disc itself.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for that, I'll definitely keep this in mind. I still don't understand how the process of registry entries works with this method.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

Registry entries have nothing to do with this. All that he is doing is copying the contents of the DVD to his HD (not actually installing). Then once on his HD he runs the setup file just like he would running from the DVD. FSX will then install and registry entries will be created as per normal.

Hope that helps explain Tailhook.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Crystal clear BashDaBish, it has sunk in.

Neat trick -- now why don't Microsoft initiate us into these secrets?

Thanks to you all Cheers!

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

It doesn't always work. That issue can come about for different reasons. It is certainly worth trying though and anyone doing a search of the forums for this problem can see it worked for this Guest.

Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Thought I'd let you guys know I was having the same problem over and over. I tried all of the suggestions from search results, MS KnowledgeBase, etc.. to no avail.

Finally, I decided to copy the contents of both discs into one (new) folder on my desktop. I ran "setup" and it installed with no problems and I've been flying ever since.

Just thought I'd share.

Has anyone tried this solution and got it to work

Benboa Guest

Hi

i've the same error on the D&fea~12.cab Sad

i've copied both DVD on my HDD, relaunched the install but it still make the same error.

Did you do something else execpt copy data ?

Thanks for help !

code Guest

yea i have thesame error but in D1fea~2.cab. i copied of FSX DVD on my HDD. it still make the same error Twisted Evil damn MICROSOFT.
any idea what to to more?

helpinghand Guest

I had the same problem with the error 1335 cab file D1Feat~1.cab, so I copied all the files to the HDD. Then I got the same error again, but this time if was D1Feat~2.cab Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad So I went back and coped each D1Feat~x.cab file 1 thru 19 individually or one at a time and it installed fine Very Happy now im off to go play Very Happy

Mrbios (Guest) Guest

SOLUTION:

Replaced existing DVD-ROM Drive Samsung CD-RW/DVD Drive SM-308, mfg 2001, with LiteOn DVD-ROM drive and the install went perfectly Disc 1 and 2 and my customer rebooted and started playing Flight Simulator X (10) aka FSX.

NOTE: I first cleanded the disks, which were not scratched or dirty, and then recommended exchanging the at the store. The second set of discs had the exact same problem. Also, the post says quite a way into the install - no - it happens at about the beginning 6% or after about 60 seconds.

Next, I brought in my test system with an old 20GB maxtor drive and a WD120GB drive. I installed to the second drive no problem! Exact same ECS 755-A2 but rev 1.0a with the LiteOn drive and 256mb of cl 2.5 pny ram and it installed fine. For the record this test system with xp sp2+ (all patches and updates to Aug 2006, except WGA, DOES have nero 6.6 ultra installed and ulead video studio 7 & 9 and a bunch of other apps so I think it is safe to say Nero and Roxio etc are not the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Anyone having the problem should list their exact hardware/brand, system, amount of memory etc!!! This way we can see if there is a common element. I wondered if my 2GB of ram could be causing it but then I saw someone had the issue with 512MB so I knew that was not an issue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, like the others I was able to manually copy all the files to the hard drive with no read problem. Although, I did not try installing from the hard drive. Someone mentioned that it still failed the same way - but that could be because the hard drive incorrectly copies the file. This could be proven true or false by running an MD5 check sum on the file from a "good" computer that installs /reads the disk with no problem and one that has the problem.

My customer's system:

Mainboard: ECS 755-A2 Rev 1.0 (ECS aka Elitegroup)
Hard Drive: WD120GB w/ 50GB+ free space ATA (not sata).
Memory: 2GB Corsair premium w/heat spreaders.
Monitor: standard 17" CRT
Video Card: Generic? Ati Radeon x1600? AGP 8X w/ 512MB memory
NIC: Onboard Realtek RTL8139
NIC2: Wireless LinkSys WUSB54GS v2

DVD-Drive: Samsung CD-RW/DVD Drive SM-308, Rev A01, Manufactured November 2001, Korea.

Software:
OS: XP Pro, SP2, updates not current.
WinDVD4 Retail ver.
Nero Burning Rom / no Roxio software.
System build: hand built / not-OEM HP, Dell, etc.

Hawkdriver34 wrote:

installation process ... on Disk #1 ... Error 1335. The cabinet file 'D1Fea~12.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

I tried a few of ... fixes. cleaned the DVD and the DVD Drive (not a burner).

I have tried the installation on two of my systems ... same error.

Is it possible that I got a bad disk?

Hawk

davegogo Guest

I had a same problem with D1Feat~1 &2 and I think I found another solution for you guys.

I will not detailed my PC setup but I was guessing it was because some kind of glitch of my DVD drive and HDD problem. So, I did following and it work for me. I could successfully install FSX.

1. Copy all of the contents to your local hard drive.

2. Make sure to remain open both two folders DVD drive and copied local drive folder on your desktop. (Open DVD notd-click on DVD drive to run setup)

3. Launch copied setup.exe from local hard drive.

4. When you get Error 1335, go back to your desktop and overwrite copy D1Feat#.cab file to your existing in your local hard drive.

5. Prey.

I hope it solve your problem.

-davegogo

BcBobster Guest

I have this same DVD, CD-RW/DVD Drive SM-308, do not get a different DVD, just do this:

Good news... I called Microsoft... After a 2 hour hold time, I talked to them... He first aked how old my dvd drive was, I said about 1 year... He said I needed to update the drivers first, and that may work.

We updated my CDR/DVD drivers from the web, restarted the system, un-installed the game, re-started the PC, and installed the game from the disc.

It installed without any errors...

So now I'm flying...

My graphics are not the best yet, so I will tweek some things, see what happens...

If anyone wants some help with the 1335 Error, just ask me and I will supply the link that fixed my CD/DVD driver.

BcBobster

Mrbios (Guest) wrote:

SOLUTION:

Replaced existing DVD-ROM Drive Samsung CD-RW/DVD Drive SM-308, mfg 2001, with LiteOn DVD-ROM drive and the install went perfectly Disc 1 and 2 and my customer rebooted and started playing Flight Simulator X (10) aka FSX.

NOTE: I first cleanded the disks, which were not scratched or dirty, and then recommended exchanging the at the store. The second set of discs had the exact same problem. Also, the post says quite a way into the install - no - it happens at about the beginning 6% or after about 60 seconds.

Next, I brought in my test system with an old 20GB maxtor drive and a WD120GB drive. I installed to the second drive no problem! Exact same ECS 755-A2 but rev 1.0a with the LiteOn drive and 256mb of cl 2.5 pny ram and it installed fine. For the record this test system with xp sp2+ (all patches and updates to Aug 2006, except WGA, DOES have nero 6.6 ultra installed and ulead video studio 7 & 9 and a bunch of other apps so I think it is safe to say Nero and Roxio etc are not the issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Anyone having the problem should list their exact hardware/brand, system, amount of memory etc!!! This way we can see if there is a common element. I wondered if my 2GB of ram could be causing it but then I saw someone had the issue with 512MB so I knew that was not an issue.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, like the others I was able to manually copy all the files to the hard drive with no read problem. Although, I did not try installing from the hard drive. Someone mentioned that it still failed the same way - but that could be because the hard drive incorrectly copies the file. This could be proven true or false by running an MD5 check sum on the file from a "good" computer that installs /reads the disk with no problem and one that has the problem.

My customer's system:

Mainboard: ECS 755-A2 Rev 1.0 (ECS aka Elitegroup)
Hard Drive: WD120GB w/ 50GB+ free space ATA (not sata).
Memory: 2GB Corsair premium w/heat spreaders.
Monitor: standard 17" CRT
Video Card: Generic? Ati Radeon x1600? AGP 8X w/ 512MB memory
NIC: Onboard Realtek RTL8139
NIC2: Wireless LinkSys WUSB54GS v2

DVD-Drive: Samsung CD-RW/DVD Drive SM-308, Rev A01, Manufactured November 2001, Korea.

Software:
OS: XP Pro, SP2, updates not current.
WinDVD4 Retail ver.
Nero Burning Rom / no Roxio software.
System build: hand built / not-OEM HP, Dell, etc.

Hawkdriver34 wrote:

installation process ... on Disk #1 ... Error 1335. The cabinet file 'D1Fea~12.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

I tried a few of ... fixes. cleaned the DVD and the DVD Drive (not a burner).

I have tried the installation on two of my systems ... same error.

Is it possible that I got a bad disk?

Hawk

Roger Cook UK Guest

Here’s what happened to me:

In October ’06, I installed FSX Deluxe on to my existing XP Pro Sempron 3400+ 1GB RAM machine that had been running for about 1 year with loads of anti-virus software, spam ware, Nero and other rubbish. It installed no problem at all.

This weekend, I installed a new IDE hard drive and did a completely new installation of XP Pro Media Centre Edition and did all the Windows Updates, I also installed MS Office, a Garmin GPS program, AVG Free Anti-Virus, but no Nero or CD/DVD burning software. The original hard drive remains in the machine on a different IDE cable and has been reformatted as an NTFS disc with no operating system.

So I tried to install FSX using the same DVD’s and DVD-RAM drive that I used in October and got the dreaded Error 1335. I looked here at this forum and tried the following:

1. Cleaning the DVD
2. Copying the DVD’s to the hard drive then installing
3. Copying the Cab files individually to the hard drive then installing
4. Replacing the Cab files through Windows Explorer part way through the installation each time it errors
5. Copying and trying to install to different combinations of hard drives within the machine

And still Error 1335 - Sometimes on Cab1 and sometimes on Cab 2

So I looked on Microsoft help and followed their instructions for installing problematic games all the way through, up to and including point 7 and still Error 1335. Look at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258496

So I looked around and found an old post about how to install Microsoft Money with Error 1335 – they seamed to indicate that you should set up a clean boot using msconfig in the run command (as Method 3 in the above Microsoft help page) BUT ALSO:

From System Configuration Utility (same place where you set up clean boot above), go to the BOOT.INI tab then ‘Advanced Options’ Select the /MAXMEM Option and enter a value that is much less than the RAM installed in your PC.

For example, my PC is 1GB RAM so MAXMEN initial shows up as about ‘1056’ (I assume this means 1.056GB’ish).

I set the MAXMEN to 256, rebooted and reinstalled – this time I got to Cab7 before Error 1335.

Then I set MAXMEN to 200, rebooted and reinstalled FSX, this time I got to Cab12 before Error 1335

Then I set MAXMEN to 150, rebooted and YES YES YES – it installed – slowly, but it installed.

Do not then forget to set Configuration Utility back to normal boot and remove the MAXMEM Setting (and reboot).

Here’s my idea why it works:

Error 1335 occurs because all the little files that make up FSX come off the DVD faster than the PC can write them to the hard drive, so you get Error 1335. When I installed it last year, my PC was so full of rubbish and back-ground programs that it was running slow and so the data was coming off the DVD slower and everything was OK.

Now all the rubbish has gone, the PC is running faster, but cannot process the data from DVD to IDE quick enough. I think MAXMEN sets the maximum amount of RAM that Windows can access. By setting it to 150, Windows can only access the first 150MB of RAM, this slows the PC down (you will notice how slow FSX Installation actually runs under this setting) and probably also increases disc caching. By slowing the PC down, you slow down the speed that the files come off the DVD drive and therefore the PC/IDE is able to keep up with the write speed.

I hope this helps somebody.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Have run FSXdeluxe daily for 2 months after a faultless install, game went bad with "runtime errors" due to ram over heat crashes. FSX really really heats up my ram, hotter than the processor !!!!

Trying to re-install gets error 1335 on disk 1, D1feat~1.cab
cleaned DVD and drive.
still error 1335 on disk 1, D1feat~1.cab
replaced sony CD-DVD reader with new Memorx CD-DVD read-writer.
still error 1335 on disk 1, D1feat~1.cab
Copied DVD disks to desktop folders "disk1" and disk2".
ran setup in desktop "disk1".
still error 1335 on disk 1, D1feat~1.cab
cleaned DVD and drive with windex.
replaced desktop D1feat~1.cab from DVD REPEATEDLY between cleanings.
still error 1335 on disk 1, D1feat~1.cab

I think I've cleaned DVD disk 1 into a hard fault.

Computer is intel duel-core P4 at 3ghz on intel DP965LT board with 4gb of Corsair 800mhz DDR2 with spreaders and fan. Vid card is NVIDA GeForce 8800 GTX. OS is Xp home w/ service pack 2. OS and latest drivers were loaded 1st time just before christmas. Only other running program is Intel Audio Studio.

This is SO hard to persue when FS2004 installs faultlessly from a CD.
Ya know, MS or somebody outta put the installation cabinets on a download site if this keeps up.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Fixed mine

Have run FSXdeluxe daily for 2 months after a faultless install, game went bad with "runtime errors" due to ram over heat crashes. FSX really really heats up my ram, hotter than the processor !!!!

replaced desktop D1feat~1.cab from DVD REPEATEDLY between cleanings.
still error 1335 on disk 1, D1feat~1.cab. I think I've cleaned DVD disk 1 into a hard fault.

Got to thinking about it, only thing I did after inital install was add 2 more 1gb 800mhz dimms. After that FSX starting crashing with ocassional "didn't write or won't read memory address". Soo, I have $300 of bad ram or MORE lakely, this intel mainborad (DP965LT) won't power 4 dimm modules. The power supply is 500w Antec NeoHe but there's no dimm volt adjust in bios.

Since this was a reinstall I had to learn about error 1722 and the MS patch to clear "registered product".

But it's running again, won't reinstall the 2 dimms, just make do with remaining 2gb of ram.

Guest

I just built a new PC with a Intel DG965WH motherboard, dual core E6300 processor, 2 gig ram, and LG DVD RW with Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I'm getting the stupid error 1335 when installing FSX.

I also have FS2004 so when FSX didn't install on my new machine I decided just to install FS2004 but i got the same error!!!!

My old pc (a Pentium 2.8ghx with 1 gig ram and Win XP SP2) completes the install perfectly for FSX and FS2004. Whats up with Microsoft? These idiots can't make a bowl of cereal work. I'm gonan try some of the stuff in this thread.

Guest

Roger Cook UK wrote:

Here’s what happened to me:

From System Configuration Utility (same place where you set up clean boot above), go to the BOOT.INI tab then ‘Advanced Options’ Select the /MAXMEM Option and enter a value that is much less than the RAM installed in your PC.

For example, my PC is 1GB RAM so MAXMEN initial shows up as about ‘1056’ (I assume this means 1.056GB’ish).

I set the MAXMEN to 256, rebooted and reinstalled – this time I got to Cab7 before Error 1335.

Then I set MAXMEN to 200, rebooted and reinstalled FSX, this time I got to Cab12 before Error 1335

Then I set MAXMEN to 150, rebooted and YES YES YES – it installed – slowly, but it installed.

I hope this helps somebody.

It worked for me! I was able to install FSX after resetting the RAM to 256. Thanks so much.

justdroppedin Guest

I won't pretend to know why this worked for me. After receiving the "1335 error" at varying points during installation and trying a bunch of solutions, I got the crazy idea to create disc images of the two game discs using Alcohol 120% [using the high precision "DPM"..... data position measurement]. I then installed the game using the Virtual drive and it all worked! I have the full version of Alcohol 120% so I can't say whether or not the free trial version will do the same. Also my F SIM X copy is legit. It may well be worth it to grab the 30 day trial just to get things installed then use your disc to play thereafter.
I love the irony here. I have a hunch you won't find this in the Help Files Wink

olalalaaa Guest

i tested all the methods, which are here .. but still error 1335 (D2 10.cab)

MOODY METALLIZED Guest

Hello ppl;
right now i have combined 3 files of SFX DISK 2 & testing it right now .

so if it worked i will upload all d2f files on 4shared server so pick whatever you want

sry ppl i will not upload my disk 2 dvd i created because you could download it from any torrent so i will upload only d2f files

CHEERS;
\m/ MOODY METALLIZED \m/

MOODY METALLIZED Guest

hello again

actually it worked like charm

and i will paste the link
http://www.4shared.com/dir/W7gFtcYJ/FSX_DISK_2_D2F_Files.html[/url]

i already pasted the link check in 2 to 3 days max but right now it's empty

ENJO!

CHEERS;
\m/ MOODY METALLIZED \m/

PilotChip Guest

There were several other postings recommending this solution, and it worked for me.

I have a brand NEW iMac running Boot Camp Win7 64 bit. Before you turn away, TRY THIS solution because it could simply be a similar issue with your CD/DVD drive hardware. I still cannot figure out if my DVD drive is broken or what, maybe it cannot copy PC files onto Boot Camp.

[Solution]

1. Put the FSX Disc1 into a laptop or any other computer.
2. Connect a thumb drive or external drive to that computer. (make sure you have enough disk space!)
3. Create ONE new folder on the thumb/external drive, name it something like FSX.
4. COPY all files from Disk 1 AND Disk 2 into that FSX folder.
NOTE- overwrite the couple of files and the Program Files folder, when asked. It SHOULD "MERGE" the files from Disk2 into the FSX folder where the Disk1 Program Files folder is already sitting.
5. Disconnect the thumb/external drive and connect it to the misbehaving computer, where you want to install FSX.
6. Simply run the FSX Setup from the FSX folder on the thumb/external drive.
NOTE- you could probably copy the FSX folder onto the main computer, but simply installing from my Verbatim external drive worked fine.
7. Follow these steps to create an ACCEL folder and perform the same with the Acceleration disk (if you bought that one too.) DO NOT, however, combine the ACCEL folder into the previous folder.
8. Install FSX from the FSX folder, activate, THEN install ACCEL from the ACCEL folder you made from the ACCEL disk.

Just tried and it's working very well!

Pro Member Trainee
ggm9696 Trainee

will the MAXMEN setting mess up my windows 8 in anyway if i do it?

easy fix Guest

Hello. I looked everywhere for a fix for the cab error. I found nothing, and MS just blew me off. Anyway, this will sound kinda unethical, but after two weeks of looking around, I did the following. I went to oceanofgames and downloaded the game (It takes forever). I did not use the game per say after downloading, but what I did is follow the installation instruction they give. You will need Daemon to open the disk download to open it. Once the Disc 1 download runs, let it complete. It will then ask for Disc 2. Put in YOUR Disc 2, and let the game complete loading. After this is done it once again asks for Disc 2 (for some reason) I put in Disc 1 and it once again said enter Disc 2. Put Disc 2 back in and then enter your product key. The game will be installed. After you begin to run FSX you might want to put Disc 1 into the computer. It will ask if you want to repair (Say yes). Follow directions, and you are good to go. (I recommend putting the downloaded game from oceanofgames in a safe place just in case the install fails again) Unethical, but it does work.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

ggm9696 wrote:

will the MAXMEN setting mess up my windows 8 in anyway if i do it?

If installation was successful, then go back and uncheck MAXMEM and reboot.

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1 You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Related Topics