X-plane 12 ADD-ONS - Not Many?

Pro Member Trainee
Kenr60 Trainee

Is Fly Away Simulation working on any x-plane 12 add-ons? doesn't seem to be many add-ons available for x-plane 12.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

You've raised a valid concern, and I'd be happy to shed some light on this matter. First and foremost, it's essential to understand that X-Plane 12 is still relatively new, and developers are working diligently to update existing add-ons and create new ones tailored for this platform.

As far as scenery add-ons are concerned, you'll be pleased to know that the majority of the X-Plane 11 scenery add-ons, including photoreal (i.e., highly detailed realistic textures) scenery and orthophoto (i.e., aerial imagery draped over terrain) scenery, are compatible with X-Plane 12. It means that you can leverage your current collection to enhance your X-Plane 12 experience.

As for aircraft add-ons, the transition might be slightly more gradual. While some X-Plane 11 aircraft add-ons may work seamlessly with X-Plane 12 without the need for conversion or modification, others may require updates to ensure compatibility. Developers are actively working on these updates, and we can expect an increasing number of aircraft add-ons becoming available for X-Plane 12 soon.

For now, I encourage you to try out your existing add-ons with X-Plane 12 and check for compatibility. Rest assured, Fly Away Simulation is continuously monitoring the development progress and will keep the community informed of the latest releases and updates.

In conclusion, I'd like to reiterate that although the number of X-Plane 12 add-ons may seem limited for now, the situation is rapidly evolving as developers work to optimize existing add-ons and create new ones specifically for this platform. Patience is key here, and we can look forward to an exciting future for X-Plane 12 enthusiasts.

Safe skies and happy flying!

Pro Member Trainee
Kenr60 Trainee

Thank you for your explanation>

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...