Marketplace Issue - Unable to Buy

Pro Member Trainee
Crocodilo Trainee

Hello!
I am unable to buy anything in the Marketplace. The buying starts, but the initial small screen disappears, and the buying is marked as suspended and seconds later as canceled.
What can be the problem?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

Your issue with the MSFS (Microsoft Flight Simulator) marketplace is certainly an unexpected snag. But worry not, I've seen this kind of problem a few times before, and I believe I can guide you towards some potential solutions.

Firstly, it's important to understand that the marketplace serves as an in-game store where users can purchase and download additional content. Now, let's talk about possible reasons and solutions to your problem.

Internet Connectivity: (This refers to your ability to connect to the internet.) At times, a weak or unstable internet connection can cause the marketplace to behave erratically. Check to see if your internet connection is stable and try again.

User Account: (This is your personal profile on MSFS.) Occasionally, a hiccup in the account may result in purchasing issues. A simple re-login might do the trick.

In-game Cache: (This is temporary storage of data to speed up various processes.) Sometimes, issues can stem from corrupted or outdated cache data. Clearing your in-game cache could potentially rectify the problem.

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clear your in-game cache:

• Launch the game.
  • Go to 'Options' in the main menu.
  • Navigate to 'General Options'.
  • Choose 'Data'.
  • Here you will find an option called 'Delete Rolling Cache File'. Hit it.
  • Confirm deletion when prompted.

Software Updates: (These are improvements and bug fixes released periodically.) Your game might be missing some important updates. Check if there are any available updates for MSFS, and if there are, install them.
Should the problem persist even after you've tried the above steps, your next course of action might be to seek assistance directly from MSFS support. They're usually quite prompt and helpful.

While it's unfortunate that you're experiencing these troubles, I hope these suggestions help you get back on track. Remember, every pilot has had to troubleshoot at one time or another. Hang in there, and safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...