I've encountered some similar challenges over the years with various flight simulators, and I can empathize with your frustrations. Let's tackle these problems one-by-one and get you back in the virtual skies:
- No Sound:
- Ensure your sound drivers are up-to-date. Old or incompatible drivers can often lead to sound issues.
- Check X-Plane's Audio Settings. Make sure the volume isn't turned down, and the correct output device is selected.
- Thrust and Reverse Levers:
- Navigate to Settings > Joystick, and recalibrate your controls. Ensure the axes for the thrust and reverse levers are correctly mapped.
- Check if any other devices might interfere. If you have multiple input devices, unplug them and test with only the necessary controllers connected.
- Brakes and Pushback Tractor:
- For the brakes, head to Settings > Joystick and look for the brake axis. Calibrate and test them.
- If the pushback tractor is riding under the plane, it might be a scenery or model issue. Try updating or reinstalling the airport scenery or aircraft model causing the issue.
- Make sure you're using the correct key or button bindings to release the brakes. Sometimes, the default bindings might conflict with other actions.
- Taxiing Issue:
- This seems connected to the brake issue. Once you sort out the brakes, taxiing should function normally. Just ensure you're not unknowingly applying brakes.
- Contradictory ATC Info:
- Ensure your ATC settings are correctly configured. It's also worthwhile to review tutorials or manuals for ATC operation in X-Plane 12, as procedures might differ from what you're used to.
- Sometimes, third-party ATC add-ons or plugins can conflict with default settings. If you've added any, try disabling them temporarily to see if that solves the issue.
Moreover, while this is specific to X-Plane 12, it's worth noting that the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has some similar issues, and some solutions could be applicable across platforms.
If these steps don't resolve the problem, consider seeking help on the official X-Plane forums. Many enthusiasts and experts might have encountered and solved similar problems.
Wishing you smoother flights ahead! Safe flying!
P.S. Remember to periodically back up your settings and profiles, so you can restore them if necessary. It's a lifesaver in tricky situations!