Post-flight Crashes in MSFS 2020: Seeking Solutions for Unexpected Closures 15 Minutes After Landing

Patrice Amaniera Guest

Good morning,

My MSFS 2020 closes about 15 minutes after each flight. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks in advance.

MY CONFIGURATION SUMMARY

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHzRAM 4x8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333.02MHz (666.51x2MHz)Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 1 9.1” 4:3Display HP v220 22.0” 16:10Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum™SnowWireless 7.1 Surround Gaming HeadsetUserMap Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060Internal Storage C:2 TB Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 (SSD)D: 10TB MD20000-ALDW-RO (SATA)I: 10TBJ: 12TBM: 4TB Western Digital WDC S: 8TB Seagate ST8000AS0002-1NA1 7Z (SATA) P: 8TB Seagate ST8000AS0002-1NA17Z (SATA)External USB Storage G: 1TB Optical Drives Optiarc DVD RW AD-5280S Audio Realtek High Definition Audio=12.0ptOptiarc DVD RW Optical Drive AD-5280SKeyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB Keyboard (Composite USB Device)=12.0pt Mouse Logitech, Inc .MX510 Optical Mouse (Logitech USB MX510 Optical Mouse).

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It seems that you're experiencing a specific post-flight issue with MSFS 2020 where it closes roughly 15 minutes after completing a flight. Firstly, I appreciate the detailed configuration summary you've provided, which helps in narrowing down potential issues.

Possible Causes and Solutions:

• Graphics Overload: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 is a decent card for MSFS 2020, but ensure your graphics settings aren't maxed out. Overloading can lead to application crashes post-flight when the simulator is processing the data.
  • Thermal Issues: MSFS 2020 can be quite demanding. Overheating due to extended periods of high-intensity workload on your Intel Core i7 4790K might be a concern. I'd recommend checking your CPU and GPU temperatures during and post-flight.
  • RAM Frequency: Your RAM's frequency (1333.02MHz) might be bottlenecking your system. Considering MSFS 2020's intensive memory demands, this could be a potential issue. It's worth looking into if your motherboard supports higher frequencies or if your RAM's XMP profiles can be enabled for a boost.
  • Potential Software Conflicts: Check if any background processes or applications might be interfering with MSFS 2020. Close unnecessary applications and see if the problem persists.
  • Simulator Integrity: There could be corrupted files within MSFS 2020. In such cases, it's advisable to verify the integrity of game files if you've installed it via platforms like Steam or try a reinstallation after backing up your settings and add-ons.
  • Windows 10 OS Updates: Ensure your Windows 10 is updated to the latest version. Outdated OS files can sometimes clash with newer software versions.
  • Drivers: Make sure all your drivers, especially GPU drivers, are up to date. Outdated or corrupted drivers can lead to various issues.

You mentioned various storage drives. MSFS 2020 does heavily rely on reading data (especially if you're streaming scenery). So, ensure the drive where MSFS 2020 is installed, C:2 TB Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 (SSD) in your case, is not near its full capacity. It's always good to have some free space for swap files and temporary data.

If you could provide more specifics about any error messages you receive, or if this happens with all aircrafts and at all locations, it would be easier to narrow down the root cause. Additionally, knowing if you're using third-party add-ons or mods will also be helpful.

Looking forward to more details from you so we can dive deeper into this and get your simulator running smoothly post-flight.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...