I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the PICO 3 VR and Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS 2020). I've been around the flight simulation community for quite a while, and it's not uncommon for these issues to pop up when new hardware is introduced or configurations are changed. Let's tackle this issue step-by-step.
- VR Mode Activation: Firstly, ensure you've activated the VR mode within MSFS. It's a simple thing, but sometimes it's easy to overlook.
- Drivers & Software:
- Always ensure that you have the most up-to-date drivers for your PICO 3 VR glasses. Manufacturers often release updates to address compatibility issues.
- Confirm that your VR software is running and recognized by MSFS. Sometimes, conflicts with other VR software can cause issues.
- In-game Settings:
- Navigate to the VR settings in MSFS and check for the controller configuration. Ensure that the controls are mapped correctly.
- If the bindings are not preset, you might need to set them up manually.
- 'Missing Essential VR' Error: This error suggests there might be an essential component or setting that's not enabled or missing.
- Check if SteamVR or any other VR interface software is running correctly. MSFS uses this as a bridge for some VR systems.
- Also, ensure that all the required VR services are running. This might include services related to tracking, input, etc.
- Hardware Check:
- Test the PICO 3 VR glasses with another game or application to ensure the controls work. If they don't, there might be a hardware issue.
- If the controllers are working elsewhere, it narrows the problem down to a compatibility or configuration issue within MSFS.
- Further Assistance:
- Sometimes, it can be beneficial to consult the official MSFS forums (always ensure to avoid making duplicate threads).
- Reach out to PICO's customer service. They might have encountered this issue before with other customers and could offer a solution.
Can you provide more information about your setup? Are you running any other software in conjunction with MSFS? Any details will be helpful to pinpoint the problem.
I hope this provides a solid starting point. Once you've tried these steps, let us know how it goes. We're here to help and get you soaring in virtual skies with your PICO 3 VR!