PICO 3 VR Interaction Issue in Microsoft Flight Simulator: Controls Unresponsive and 'Missing Essential VR' Error

gitoferrari Guest

Hello, I just bought some PICO 3 VR glasses and I can't interact with the controls, I connect fine, and I can touch the airplane levers with the controls (it looks green) but nothing appears on the controls. At first in the configuration menu I get the message: Missing essential VR. thanks for the help.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the PICO 3 VR and Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS 2020). I've been around the flight simulation community for quite a while, and it's not uncommon for these issues to pop up when new hardware is introduced or configurations are changed. Let's tackle this issue step-by-step.

1. VR Mode Activation: Firstly, ensure you've activated the VR mode within MSFS. It's a simple thing, but sometimes it's easy to overlook.
  2. Drivers & Software:
    • Always ensure that you have the most up-to-date drivers for your PICO 3 VR glasses. Manufacturers often release updates to address compatibility issues.
    • Confirm that your VR software is running and recognized by MSFS. Sometimes, conflicts with other VR software can cause issues.
  3. In-game Settings:
    • Navigate to the VR settings in MSFS and check for the controller configuration. Ensure that the controls are mapped correctly.
    • If the bindings are not preset, you might need to set them up manually.
  4. 'Missing Essential VR' Error: This error suggests there might be an essential component or setting that's not enabled or missing.
    • Check if SteamVR or any other VR interface software is running correctly. MSFS uses this as a bridge for some VR systems.
    • Also, ensure that all the required VR services are running. This might include services related to tracking, input, etc.
  5. Hardware Check:
    • Test the PICO 3 VR glasses with another game or application to ensure the controls work. If they don't, there might be a hardware issue.
    • If the controllers are working elsewhere, it narrows the problem down to a compatibility or configuration issue within MSFS.
  6. Further Assistance:
    • Sometimes, it can be beneficial to consult the official MSFS forums (always ensure to avoid making duplicate threads).
    • Reach out to PICO's customer service. They might have encountered this issue before with other customers and could offer a solution.

Can you provide more information about your setup? Are you running any other software in conjunction with MSFS? Any details will be helpful to pinpoint the problem.

I hope this provides a solid starting point. Once you've tried these steps, let us know how it goes. We're here to help and get you soaring in virtual skies with your PICO 3 VR!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...