Rebuilt PC

Pro Member Trainee
Tony (Laverda) Trainee

Starting to get problems with the PC, decided to do a complete format and rebuild, then keep the PC just for FSX. All went well except FSX won't load, I suspect that Windows 10 has ben upgraded, I get the error code 1722 and ocasionally 1603. I have made several attempts, restarting PC each time. Anyone else had this?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Tony (Laverda) Trainee

Did another machine clean and re-install Windows 10 Pro, just to be sure Windows had downloaded properly.
Tried to install FSX, same results.
Removed any parially install FSX in Microsoft Games folder.
Went into regedit,  then HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{Attempted another install -E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and checked the it was set to PartMgr
Downloaded 'MicrosoftKB928080'
Everything installed/ran OK.
Attempted FSX installation, same error codes.
Taking a leaf out of WW1 pilots book, had a large brandy and went to bed.
This morning, removed residual FSX from Microsoft Games folder.
Attempted another install just in case I hadn't restarted the PC last time, same result.
At a bit of a loss now, off to try the Microsoft forums.

Pro Member Trainee
Tony (Laverda) Trainee

Did a reload of Windows 10 from a USB stick and this solved the problem, reloaded FSX OK. It seems that loading Windows 10 from the internet using the utility on the PC leaves odd files lying around that corrupt the installation, or so I was informed on the Microsft forum.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...