Troubleshooting A32NX Installation Issues in MSFS 2020 Steam Edition

patrick denis Guest

I have had the MSFS 2020 STEAM version since December 2023 40th anniversary, and everything is fine, when FLYBYWIRE released the A32NX I never managed to install it. I should point out that I watched a lot of STEAM installation tutorials and nothing worked. Thank you kindly. I tried everything without success

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It sounds like you're encountering a bit of turbulence with installing the A32NX mod for your MSFS 2020 Steam edition. Don't worry, we've all been there, and I'm here to help navigate through this. First off, it's great to hear you're enjoying the 40th anniversary of MSFS 2020. Now, let's address the issue at hand.

Understanding the A32NX Installation Process
The A32NX by FlyByWire is a remarkable add-on, enhancing the realism of the Airbus A320neo in MSFS. However, installing it can sometimes be tricky, especially on the Steam platform. Let's break down the process step-by-step:

• Ensure MSFS 2020 is Updated: Before attempting the installation, make sure your MSFS 2020 is up to date. This is crucial as compatibility issues can arise with outdated versions.
  • Download the Installer: FlyByWire provides an installer for the A32NX, which simplifies the process. You can find it on their official website (http://flybywiresim.com/). Download and run the installer.
  • Choose the Correct Installation Path: This is often where things go awry. You need to direct the installer to your MSFS Steam directory. Typically, this would be under 'SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator'.
  • Follow On-Screen Instructions: The installer should guide you through the rest. It’s usually a straightforward process.

Common Pitfalls and Solutions
If the above steps don't work, consider these additional tips:

1. Administrator Rights: Run the installer as an administrator. Right-click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator'.
  2. Disable Antivirus Temporarily: Sometimes, antivirus software interferes with the installation. Try disabling it temporarily, but remember to turn it back on afterward.
  3. Check for Conflicting Mods: Other mods can conflict with A32NX. If you have other aircraft mods installed, try disabling them and then installing A32NX.
  4. Verify Integrity of Game Files: In Steam, you can verify the integrity of game files. Right-click MSFS 2020 in your library, select 'Properties', then 'Local Files', and finally 'Verify integrity of game files'.

Final Thoughts
The A32NX is compatible with both the latest MSFS 2020 and X-Plane 12, assuming similar installation steps are followed. Remember, the key to successful mod installation is following the steps precisely and ensuring compatibility with your current game version.

If these tips still don't resolve your issue, could you provide more specific details about the problem you're encountering? Any error messages or where exactly the process fails would be extremely helpful.

Looking forward to your response and getting you back in the virtual skies with the A32NX soon!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...