Where are the aircraft carriers? Are there Any in Default Install?

Jonathan Martin Guest

So I want to start from an aircraft carrier in the Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 release.  I read elsewhere some default-installed aircraft carriers can be used to take off and land on in - is this true?  If so, how can I use (find) them?

Otherwise, do I need to install third-party add-ons to do this?  Any information on those?

Ideally, I don't want to buy anything and want to use the stock MSFS installation as money is tight.

Any advice is appreciated!

Jonathan M.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey Jonathan,

You've tapped into a fascinating aspect of MSFS 2020! Let's embark on an exploration of carrier operations in this exceptional simulator.

Firstly, the default MSFS 2020 setup does not include functional aircraft carriers for launch or landing. However, the community's ingenuity offers some interesting solutions.

Superspud's USS MSFS: This is a creatively modeled carrier resembling an airport. It's a basic runway on water, great for honing your landing skills on a challenging, narrow strip.

Miltech Simulations' USS George H.W. Bush: This is a game-changer. Released in November 2021, it's a fully functional supercarrier complete with catapult and arrestor cables, enabling realistic carrier operations.

Free Add-ons: There are free add-ons available that simulate aircraft carriers. These provide a basic runway experience but lack the operational systems of a true carrier.

For a stock MSFS experience without additional costs, your options are limited to free add-ons. However, if you're open to expanding your horizons with third-party add-ons, Miltech's USS George H.W. Bush is a fantastic choice for an immersive carrier experience.

It's crucial to note that these add-ons may require some technical setup and understanding of carrier operations. Make sure to check the compatibility and requirements before installation.

If you need more specifics or have other queries, feel free to reach out!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...