Troubleshooting SU-24 Addon Steering Issues in MS Flight Simulator X

imre gal Guest

I've installed the addon su-24. On the ground, the aircraft goes always straight on, and the wheel and the flaps are turning correctly, but the aircraft doesn't react and goes straight on.  Please help.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I've read your query regarding the SU-24 addon in Microsoft Flight Simulator X where you're facing challenges with ground steering. Let's delve into a few potential solutions to resolve this issue. As a seasoned sim enthusiast, I've encountered similar situations, and I'm eager to share insights that might help.

1. Checking Aircraft Configurations:
Firstly, it's crucial to inspect the aircraft's configuration files. Occasionally, the steering parameters might not be set correctly in these files. Navigate to the SU-24's aircraft.cfg file and look for the [contact_points] section. Here, ensure the steering angle parameter is correctly set for the nose wheel.

2. Reviewing Key Bindings:
Secondly, double-check your key bindings. Sometimes, default settings can be overwritten or conflict with addon aircraft. In FSX, go to Settings > Controls and review the assignments for rudder and nose wheel steering.

3. Assessing Ground Handling Plugins:
Thirdly, if you're using any ground handling or realism plugins, these might interfere with the addon's behavior. Temporarily disable these plugins to rule out any conflicts.

4. Verifying Addon Compatibility:
It's also worth considering the compatibility of the addon with your version of FSX. Some addons are designed for specific versions and might not function properly in others.

5. Seeking Community Support:
Lastly, engaging with the flight sim community can be highly beneficial. Forums like Fly Away Simulation are treasure troves of knowledge where you might find others who have experienced similar issues.

Remember: If these steps don't resolve the problem, providing more details about your FSX setup and the specific addon version can help in offering more tailored advice.

In Conclusion:
Your experience with the SU-24 in FSX should be thrilling, not frustrating. By methodically going through these steps, you're likely to pinpoint the issue. Keep experimenting and tweaking; that's the beauty of flight simulation – there's always something new to learn and overcome.

Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance or clarification. I'm here to help.

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...