Troubleshooting Installation Issues with FSX Deluxe on Windows 11 After System Crash

Jackie Siebert Guest

Morning, I have the original PC DVD copy of FSX Delux Edition, It was installed on Windows 10 and worked fine, My PC crashed because of load-shedding and after receiving it back from the workshop windows 11 was installed and the game is gone and will not install, also saying that I cannot reuse my Product Key, please help, I love this game and being retired and alone at home it is all I have got to do.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Firstly, it's great to hear about your passion for FSX Deluxe Edition. Let's tackle the issue step-by-step to get you back in the virtual skies.

1. Compatibility with Windows 11
While FSX was originally designed for earlier versions of Windows, many users have successfully run it on Windows 10 and 11. Compatibility mode can be a handy tool here.

Action Steps:

• Right-click the FSX installation file.
  • Select 'Properties'.
  • Navigate to the 'Compatibility' tab.
  • Check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select 'Windows 10'.
  • Apply the changes and try reinstalling.

2. Product Key Issue
It's concerning that you're unable to reuse your product key. This can happen if the key is still registered as active on another system (in this case, your pre-crash setup).

Action Steps:

• Contact Microsoft Support for assistance with your product key. Explain the situation; they are often quite helpful in resolving such issues.

3. Installation Tips
If the compatibility mode doesn't work or if you face other installation hurdles, consider these steps:

Additional Solutions:

• Run the installer as an administrator by right-clicking on the setup file and selecting 'Run as administrator'.
  • Ensure your system meets all the necessary requirements for FSX.
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus software during installation as it can sometimes interfere.

4. Alternative Solutions
If you're still facing challenges, you might consider upgrading to a newer flight simulator platform like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 or X-Plane 12. These are designed with modern systems in mind and offer incredible realism and vast environments.

Could you please provide more details about any error messages you receive during installation? This information will be crucial in diagnosing the issue more precisely.

Remember, the flight sim community is always here to help. Your passion for this hobby is what keeps it so vibrant and welcoming.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...