Instrument Panel Disappears

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi All,
I have recently been stymied by a sudden problem where my gauges and instument panel on some aircraft are missing, just a black silliouette where the instrument panel should be. Some of the FS2004 aircraft, like the 737 have their inst pnl, and others like the Lear, 747,777 don't ! Has anyone ran across this? I have figured out that it will take considerable time to solve this as I have tried to look at the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files for one with the instr pnl, and several without. Reinstalled the FS2004 over the top, with no success. Anyone have any ideas??? Thnx, rob

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hi old timer, how are you.
I know that it happens with some of the drivers for the NVIDIA cards, if you have one you might try changing them.
Older drivers for older cards, and newer can take the newest drivers as long as you have DirectX 9.0c installed.
Let us know how it goes,.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

I've had kind of the same problem:
I just downloaded ERJ's ( embraer). Everything went fine until I had to put gauges. There was only two. One of them was for all of the instruments. I installled them. When I went on flight simulator, It wouldn't load it, and would say that gauge file could not be loaded. Then it loaded the aircraft without the instruments. Only black where the instruments should be. I don't know what to do. I would really appreciate some help

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Radarman, you have hit on something !!! Thnx ! A few weeks ago, I had a mobo crash. Ended up building a new rig and since then, have had this problem. I loaded the newest Detonator drivers for my NVidia 5900 Ultra, but a 3-D game I like wouldn't play, so went back to 44.03 drivers. Will definitely ck this out. I wouldn't've thought og drivers...Thnx !! rob

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Radarman ! Thnx Buddy !! I don't know why this happened. I was using 44.03 Detonator drivers before my mobo crashed. I built a new rig with a different Asus mobo and the same 44.03 drivers caused my instrument panel on only some of the aircraft to disappear. When I upgraded to 66.93 drivers, same problem ! So gigured it was something corrupt in the Sim files. After reading your response, I just downloaded a bunch of archived drivers from Nvidia, and started installing. Some got my Inst pnl back, but another game I have wouldn't display right. FINALLY, when I installed 56.72 drivers, VOILA !! Thnx buddy, you saved me alot of troubleshooting ! ... rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Habu,
I'm very pleased that it worked and thank you very much for letting us know. That'll help with the next member that has the same problem.
Take care and don't be a stranger, come around more often.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Thnx ! Believe it or not, I come here daily, but either someone else has answered or I too am not sure. I have been simming since the FS5 days. Have built more rigs chasing the newest Flight Sim, Haha! rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've said it a dozen times here but just before the new sim comes out I want to build my first machine from the ground up. I'll just keep the monitor for now (22") but all else will be new and the best.
The thing that bothers me Wall Bashing is that we are going through a huge hardware transition now and the next 6-10 months, bigger that ever before.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Yup Radarman, alot of changes coming ! I would've waited as I planned to do, but my mobo fried for some unknown reason. I sent it to Asus as it was only 2 yrs old, but knew I couldn't sit and wait, so ordered new mobo, CPU, Ram. I really was going to wait on Sata2, PCI-express, but that will have to be the next rig now. It really surprised me that the latest Detonator drivers took out ONLY my instrument panel on some aircraft! All else was good. That's the fun things about puters ! Seeya, rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's things like BTX and 64 bit that's bothering me.
I'll get the PCI express card but all the rest including "Longhorn" won't be ready until the end of this year or the beginning of next.
To many MAJOR hardware changes coming up.
Not like the usual slow and steady evolution of the mighty machine.

When I'm ready I'll let you know what I'm planning on getting and get input from you, I have a "cyber-friend" who always has built his own now more than ever because of FS9.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Yup ! You pay 50 bucks for FS, then thousands to keep runnig it...without the "Herky-jerkies! Haha! rob

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...