Pro Member Trainee
SkyKing Trainee

If one decides to use a joystick.....which one works best with FS 2004? 🙄

sk

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I would say that teh Sidewinder range from Microsoft is probably most popular, and very reliable. There are many to choose from. Saitek also make some great joysticks - www.saitek.com

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I like saitex cyborg graphite love it. I have never had a problem with it

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I mean saitek not saitex sorry

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

The Saitek x52 HOTAS is just awesome. But if you want the top for civilian simulation: CH Flight Sim Yoke USB and Pro Pedals USB.
Microsoft Sidewinder FF2 is also a good pick

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I'll chime in and reccomend the Microsoft Force Feedback 2 as well. It gives you a great feel for what your aircraft can and can't do as the forces give your arm a good workout. I'm sure though that after all this time there are better force feedback's out there, but for a good value this one works.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I doubt if SkyKing will look back at this post. His last post was on Jan. 7, 2004. 😕

I recommend Logitch Force Feedback 3d pro.

Sam Intel Guest

I have the CH products yoke and rudder pedals. I also have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, it works great! 😀 I have never tried the Sidewinder from Microsoft so I don't know how good it is.

Spirit 234 Guest

Please do reply, as your wisdom is great for guys like me coming new to the forum.

I just ordered the ssff2 (sidewinder force feedbak 2)

after a long stint with the thrustmaster afterburner 2 (hotas)

and an abortive trive with a new logitec stick (extreme 3d)

Pro Member First Officer
kianok First Officer

Can't go wrong with the Sidewinder in my view 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I use the CH Flight Sim Yoke, CH Throttle Quadrant and CH Pedals. I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for flying Aerobatics and Helicopters. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I have the portable Saitek st90,and it good and small but the button throttle is annoying!Tommorow i'm getting my new Saitek X52!!!!Just awesome!!!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I love my X52 to death, can't go wrong.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I also use a Microsoft Sidewinder, not really fancy but works very well.

So if you had to pick between the CH Yoke and the x52, which one?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I would chose the CH Yoke even though they are both excellent. The Yoke is more authentic for most aircraft have a control wheel (I know Airbus has a stick). The Pilot in command normally flies with the left hand and operates the throttle or power levers with the right. The X52 won't allow this configuration at least not without losing reach of some of the switches on the throttle.

If you fly combat, aerobatics or other stick aircraft, the X52 is better. In single seat or tandem seat aircraft, where the pilot flies with the stick in the right hand, the X52 would be more authentic. The multitude of buttons and switches would be really handy for combat flying.

For most civil aircraft flying, the CH Yoke.

Just buy both! 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

sorry but mr konk what aircraft is that in your avatar?

So If I am understanding correctly. Since the planes I want to fly are mainly large jets I would be best with the Yoke?

*by the time I finally pick one, something new will come out 😉 *

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

beerbadger wrote:

sorry but mr konk what aircraft is that in your avatar?

That's gotta be a 787...based on the colors and its obviously a release. I don't think Boeings were painted in the Dreamliner colors when the 757/767 and the 777 were released.

As for the question at hand, I use a Sidewinder Forcedeally...I have all of the forcefeedback turned off because it is never realistic to what the plane is doing. The only thing I really don't like about it is that it has no autocenter feature on MSFS, however, on most other flight sims, it is magneticaly centered, which is way cool.

For MSFS, my major recommendations are a thottle, rudder, and self-centering...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

To Guest above: In my opinion, yes.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...