FS2004 - can you stop scenery popping up in large squares?

Pro Member Trainee
Gary (IceDOG) Trainee

Greetings all,

Just wondering if there is any way to prevent the long distance terrain popping up in large squares when panning and banking the aircraft, is there a .cfg parm to set that fixes this (I have already got the graphics menu options on max).

Regards
IceDOG

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it's add on scenery that could be the problem.
Maxing it out and not having enough ram can be the major cause, you need at least 1 gig.
Your video card may be getting to old and the drivers may not be the latest.
Your not giving us much to work on, how about giving us your computer specs.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Gary (IceDOG) Trainee

Yes your right,

I am running the Melbourne, Australia addon scenery pack with auto gen and addon gen maxed out......

P4 3.0 Northwood
Intel 875P chipset
512x2 dual channel Corsair LL memory (1 gig)
Radeon X800 XT Platinum 256meg video card
200x2 Raid 0 Maxtor DiamondMax10 HDD
Audigy 2 ZS sound card

Regards
IceDOG

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You may have too many programs running in the background using up some of that memory.
You can either move the slider away from the maxed out (to the left) or use some program that shuts down (temporarily) the background programs.

You can also lower your clouds, shadows, traffic and water slides to maximize the ram to the scenery.

You have a very nice machine, I hope you have a good power supply to take advantage of all that good equipment.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2948/fsautostart-v11/

Let us know how it works out, good luck. 👍

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Gary (IceDOG) Trainee

...Yep as you suspected, its the auto-generated scenery that is the culprit here which is related to me using the Addon Melbourne scenery pack.
As soon as I turned the autogen and addon gen from max density to normal, no more pop-up texture squares, but it def doesnt look as good....lol

Thanks for your time 🙂

Regards
IceDOG

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...