Afterburners

Pro Member Trainee
alisonmarshall Trainee

can u get afterburners on flight sim 2004 if so how cuz im downloading all these areoplanes but theres no afterburners can someone please help
and yes it say it has afterburners before i download it

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Press SHIFT + F4 and the afterburners will come on if the aircraft has them. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
alisonmarshall Trainee

This is not working 4 me

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

SHIFT + F4 is default I believe so you could try going into Settings ----> Controls -----> Assignments (at a guess) and see what Afterburners is set as. Dont Know .Someone else may have a suggestion. Sorry

Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

i had this problem,

Ok, Shift +F4 is the default key and will work on some aircraft, but mainly the ones you buy in the shops.. but alot of these downloaded aircraft dont actually use this function, instead they kick into afterburner when ur at full throttle. the only thing is, in order to make this work you have to find the 'effects' files in the download and copy them to the 'effects' folder in your main flight sim folder. Sometimes it works if you put the whole effects folder in but usually you have to copy the actual files across.

You might have to unzip another folder within the first zip file to find these files.

One more thing... unfortunatley, being free-ware, they dont all work, even when it says they should.... just a fact of life

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

Just turn on the lights by pressing the L key. That will make the afterburners visible if you have the throttle in the afterburner slot.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Afterburners work with a VCwindow file using a 'Gauge'. sometimes the lines of code are missing from the ac cfg and the panel cfg.

The ac cfg MUST have a 'lights' line.

The panel cfg must have: main panel XML gauge line, a guage line in the VCwindow that defines the afterbuner,,, and then all the other stuff, such as a key command for the burner (Shft F4) The FX properly installed,, etc. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...