Radio and NAV stuck on one frequency

Pro Member Trainee
codyblum Trainee

I have recently ran into some problems with panels having the frequencies stuck on channel. I have tried downloading other panels for these aircaft but they all seem to stay stuck. Is there something I can change that will allow my to change the frequecies on the radios and navs?

Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

you realize that you can only change freqs on the standby selector, once you set the standby selector to the freq you want then you hit the little [<=>] next to (between) the freq readings to change the standby to active. I hope this helps. If thats not the problem then i am helpless, hopeless and clueless (about normal situation for me)

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

This has happened to me as well...hope someone knows what the bug is.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Try maually changing the frequencies [ don't press `] e.g. use your transponder to change frequencies.

darrylmtl Guest

Maybe this is old news, but Ive found that some radio sets allow only one selection ie no standby. Therefore you have to go into the aircraft.cfg file, in the part where it says "Radios" and place a ZERO ("0") in the column marked "has standby frequency". So for example you'll see NAV 1- 1,0,1
means avaialble, has standby frequency, has glideslope (from memory I may have theorder wrong)....by removing the need for standby freq, older radio sets dial direct.

It has worked for me every single time.

good luck

d

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Also, move the mouse around the knob. Different parts of the knob change different parts of the frequency code.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...