A380 Maiden Flight Video

Pro Member Trainee
swanno30 Trainee

Link to a video of the maiden flight made this morning from Toulouse.

Good ol' BBC!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4488361.stm

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
BashDaBish Guest

Thanks for the link 👍

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I love the a380 thats so beautyful Drool

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Its a fine plane, even if boeing don't think it will be profitable, can't wait to see it in reality, be even better flyin on it but i bet it will cost a bit ££££££££best save up now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The principle behind the A380 is more bums on seats = lower airfairs

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I agree, a fantastic aircraft. hope to see it soon for flight sim

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

You're in luck, Wilco Fleet is working on an A380. I'm not positive how it'll turn out, but it certainly does seem interesting!

tomthetank wrote:

Would be good if the aircraft is offered to all, but as i understand the first in service will be kitted out with gyms cinemas etc, obviously aimed at business travel, and i bet that won't be cheap, hopefully and it makes sense Monarch,Britannia etc should buy a couple for the charter market, this will save ££££on extra aircraft/fuel etc but will unfortunately make some pilots redundant. Still early days yet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

tomthetank wrote:

Would be good if the aircraft is offered to all, but as i understand the first in service will be kitted out with gyms cinemas etc, obviously aimed at business travel, and i bet that won't be cheap, hopefully and it makes sense Monarch,Britannia etc should buy a couple for the charter market, this will save ££££on extra aircraft/fuel etc but will unfortunately make some pilots redundant. Still early days yet.

In time it will be "offered to all".
But it is unlikely ever to see any shorthaul charter work
This is a people mover aimed at the transatlanic and longhaul routes

In the UK you can fly to the US for about £150/200($280/380)This is where the A380 will be pitched

Dont expect to see the A380 flying the buget euro routes(anything from £1.00($0.50) upwards)

Virgin Atlantic being the 1st named airline to buy.Expect the Fareast to be a big market

From the Airbus site ➡

To date 15 customers have announced firm orders and commitments for a total of 154 A380 Family aircraft, comprising 127 passenger aircraft from 13 customers and 27 freighters from four customers. The freighter version of the A380, the A380F, will enter into service in 2008.

More here ➡

http://www.airbus.com/dynamic/media/index.asp

im afraid ur wrong Emirates are the first to buy and they will be the first to fly one virgin are to to the second

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ermm... Dont Know

Just had a quick look to try and find out who is going to get number1 aircraft and found this ➡

Final assembly of the first flying A380 will begin shortly. This aircraft will undergo a whole series of ground-based tests, beginning this summer, prior to flight-trials, which are due to begin in early 2005. The Airbus A380 will begin carrying passengers in 2006, when it enters airline service, initially with Singapore Airlines.

More here ➡

http://www.airbus.com/dynamic/media/search_result.asp?id=1485&type=PRESS&search_mode=SEARCH&searchedText=A380&match=exact&context=ae_s_title&date_operator=and&search_month=0&search_year=0&pos=1

😕

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Wow, that is some huge fascinating aeroplane. I hope I get my hands on one of those in the future, it looks really awesome man, thanks a lot for the link!

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

How much do you think the tickets on Singapore Airlines will cost [for the fisrt P flight].

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...