Airbus A380 First Flight

SoCalRick Guest

So is anyone watching the live feed of the Airbus A380 first flight? It is set to start in about 45 minutes from now, and I hear that CNN is also going to have live coverage. For any who see this in time, the link is:

http://www.airbus.com/A380/Seeing/live/video/live.asx

Any thoughts on the initial flight?

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Missed it live Crying or Very sad but just caught up via the BBC and SKY

Looked very good

The test pilot said afterwards that it was as easy to fly as riding a bike

Just incase here are the links ➡

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/

http://www.sky.com/skynews/home

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I saw a 30 second clip of it on the news this morning, that craft is huge!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I always have to laugh when I read the reports that it "effortlessly lifted into the air!" I wonder how effortless getting an aircraft that big off the ground it really was!

So now the question is, did he handfly it or use autopilot/autoland the whole way?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I watched it!! And it was awesome! 😀
Today is History Day, and a new chapter of aviation is opened.

Today morning, I woke up turned on the TV. There were some commercials about the Airbus A380. Then, I just put the auto-recording to record the take off and landing. When I came back from school, I watched the video and I was amazed. It is such a beautiful aircraft. I love it ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I missed it live but I saw it later. My dad and I were putting a new sail on our boat today. My class went to "Rawhide Ranch" this week and I didn't go, so I get the week off. They didn't want me at school. I accepted to opportunity to go home. 😂

Agus0404 wrote:

I watched it!! And it was awesome! 😀
Today is History Day, and a new chapter of aviation is opened.

Indeed an historic day, I fully agree. There were a lot of naysayers elsewhere posting rubish about it before the first flight, but I guess that was what also happened prior to the 747's first flight.

Pro Member Trainee
tysonone Trainee

i seen it take to the sky for the first time i was wacthing it at home..
Amazing to see.. but i miss concord 😞 anyone els feel the same?
dont think it will take its place some how ❓

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I just wonder what it's like to travel in it and possibly fly it [get the feeling of power from those huge engines].

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...