Error Innstalling Flight sim 2004

_-Rex-_ Guest

While innstalling, when 37% in cd2 has been innstalled it stops and this error message apperars :

"Microsoft Flight Simluator 2004 encountered a disk error while writing to the file D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound\USEnglishBig.gvp. Make sure your hard disk is not full, and that file is not in use. "

Have read that im not the only one whit this problem, does anyone know what to do?? no disks are full or anything. . Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

Believe it or not I have exactly the same problem with just a little difference! The same error occcures when installation reaches 56% (CD 3). I thinks it says something like "...while writing to the file D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\scenery\ (something I can't remember).

I don't know what they mean by saying the disk is full, but my hard disk certanly isn't because the only thing I had installed on my computer was FS2004.

I had ordered an FS2004 add-on from PCaviator which arrived over a month later. When I wanted to install it two days ago, an error message said something like "you don't have the appropriate FS2004" and I couldn't start the simulator at all.
I thought by de-installing the add-on the FS will work but it did not! So I tried to re-install the whole FS.
During the re-installation I got the error message you have as well, and since then I can't install my FS!

For how long have you had your FS? If you've had it for a year or more like I did, then prepare yourself for sleepless nights, because it's the most addictive thing I've ever tried.

If anybody has a solution for our problem please HELP!

_-Rex-_ Guest

Haven`t had it for so very long, but i try to install, and uinstall to try custom and those other install options, but always get the error message on CD2... Mad

Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (n287s) Trainee

i had the same problem. do your computers ever get any other error messages at random times (especially during times when you run programs that use alot of RAM)? my problem was that i had two bad RAM sticks. The problem is that flight sim tries to access your RAM in a different way than any other program and the RAM is bad so it cant. by storage it means that there is not enough RAM space.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

I might just try all that but I doubt it would work, because I have installed the FS twice before without any problems.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...