SearchSearch 

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi All,

I have finally gotten FRAPS to work on my PC (all thanks to TTT 😂 ) but ..... OH NO! ...... I don't have Windows Movie Maker on mt PC Crying or Very sad

Can anyone recommend a cheap Internet outlet in Europe (pref UK) where I can get a copy for a reasonable price ?

Thanks - Some of the videos on here are FAB and I want to try one !

😉

12 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Hi GPS Kid,
My computer came with Windows Movie Maker on it. I don't think you can buy it. I'd be more than happy to put the files on a disk and send them to you.

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

WMM is a very very handy and easy tool, I'm glad you're looking for it 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Chris, that's real kind of you, thanks I appreciate that..... But....

Great news is that I visited the MS website and those kind chaps at MS let me download it for free (on a bizarre condition that I agreed to d/load the last 6 months updates that I've previously avoided !).

Yipee.... so now I have Fraps working and WMM.... Don't really know how to use it yet so I think it may be a week or two until I release my first FS movie!

Thanks again folks. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Chris, that's real kind of you, thanks I appreciate that..... But....

Great news is that I visited the MS website and those kind chaps at MS let me download it for free (on a bizarre condition that I agreed to d/load the last 6 months updates that I've previously avoided !).

Yipee.... so now I have Fraps working and WMM.... Don't really know how to use it yet so I think it may be a week or two until I release my first FS movie!

Thanks again folks. 😉

Im pretty much where you are. Did you have to d/l SP2 to get WMM 2.1?

Time to learn how to add effects and edit the video!

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Its lots of fun making a vid.I'm looking forward to watching your first vid.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

twistedsucker wrote:

WMM is a very very handy and easy tool, I'm glad you're looking for it 🙂

What does it do?
I am also looking forward of making my first FS movie. I think I'll start doing it after June 3rd, the day when I finish school forever. 😀
These days I have to study for exams, so I can't concentrate on making movies for now.

EDIT: I just realised that WMM means Windows Movie Maker. Embarassed I have that program and I know what it does.

Pro Member First Officer

Well I just got done editing the video but I can't figure out how to put a Credits screen at the end :p

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Titles, credits and text stuff is done under [TOOLS/Titles and credits]

its easy, experement with it. once you drop the title splices into the movie you can move them around, stretch them, overlap them and re-edit them all you want to.

Pro Member First Officer

megafoot wrote:

Titles, credits and text stuff is done under [TOOLS/Titles and credits]

its easy, experement with it. once you drop the title splices into the movie you can move them around, stretch them, overlap them and re-edit them all you want to.

I have the version of WMM from a long time ago. I don't have SP2 so I don't have the updated version with Tools and all that jazz.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Hi David - Cecil B Demille stand aside 😂

Pro Member Captain

Hi FL050, yes I had to download SP2 in order to get WMM 2.1

Ok, so there will be a GPS Kid video on here within 6 hours of the time of this posting !

.... But it won't be in ths usual format, it will be a subject that some will love and others will hate :-

"GPS Kid flies PMDG 737 Part 1" - Engine Start up.

Of course I've said that sounding really impressive and this is from the guy whose never yet even LAUNCHED WMM so I don't know how it will work out but we'll see.

If it proves too complex I'll just make a video of me flying around in the Piper Cub ! 😂

Pro Member Captain

To coin a classic English phrase :-

BUGGER !

Can't get this working properly. (WMM). FRAPS is working sweetly but I'm having big problems with WMM as my non-FS PC just does not seem powerful enough to run it.

I took 15 clips on FRAPS of the entire start up process for the PMDG 737NG, I played back each clip on my FS PC, but when I imported them to this (my Internet / Work PC), I'm getting jumping, crashing, 14 minutes to import a single cli9p, etc, etc.

It's not WMM's fault - I have an unbelievable amount of problems with this PC Twisted Evil , mainly because it runs on a pathetic 228Mb of RAM. (It also can't be upgraded as it's a Hi-Grade closed entertainment system).

...and my FS PC is strictly off-line and doesn't have WMM.

I may have tried to do too much too soon but regardless, for now I'm going to sit back and enjoy all of the other fantastic Vids people are making ! 😉