WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi All,

I have finally gotten FRAPS to work on my PC (all thanks to TTT 😂 ) but ..... OH NO! ...... I don't have Windows Movie Maker on mt PC Crying or Very sad

Can anyone recommend a cheap Internet outlet in Europe (pref UK) where I can get a copy for a reasonable price ?

Thanks - Some of the videos on here are FAB and I want to try one !

😉

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Hi GPS Kid,
My computer came with Windows Movie Maker on it. I don't think you can buy it. I'd be more than happy to put the files on a disk and send them to you.

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

WMM is a very very handy and easy tool, I'm glad you're looking for it 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Chris, that's real kind of you, thanks I appreciate that..... But....

Great news is that I visited the MS website and those kind chaps at MS let me download it for free (on a bizarre condition that I agreed to d/load the last 6 months updates that I've previously avoided !).

Yipee.... so now I have Fraps working and WMM.... Don't really know how to use it yet so I think it may be a week or two until I release my first FS movie!

Thanks again folks. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Chris, that's real kind of you, thanks I appreciate that..... But....

Great news is that I visited the MS website and those kind chaps at MS let me download it for free (on a bizarre condition that I agreed to d/load the last 6 months updates that I've previously avoided !).

Yipee.... so now I have Fraps working and WMM.... Don't really know how to use it yet so I think it may be a week or two until I release my first FS movie!

Thanks again folks. 😉

Im pretty much where you are. Did you have to d/l SP2 to get WMM 2.1?

Time to learn how to add effects and edit the video!

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Its lots of fun making a vid.I'm looking forward to watching your first vid.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

twistedsucker wrote:

WMM is a very very handy and easy tool, I'm glad you're looking for it 🙂

What does it do?
I am also looking forward of making my first FS movie. I think I'll start doing it after June 3rd, the day when I finish school forever. 😀
These days I have to study for exams, so I can't concentrate on making movies for now.

EDIT: I just realised that WMM means Windows Movie Maker. Embarassed I have that program and I know what it does.

Pro Member First Officer

Well I just got done editing the video but I can't figure out how to put a Credits screen at the end :p

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Titles, credits and text stuff is done under [TOOLS/Titles and credits]

its easy, experement with it. once you drop the title splices into the movie you can move them around, stretch them, overlap them and re-edit them all you want to.

Pro Member First Officer

megafoot wrote:

Titles, credits and text stuff is done under [TOOLS/Titles and credits]

its easy, experement with it. once you drop the title splices into the movie you can move them around, stretch them, overlap them and re-edit them all you want to.

I have the version of WMM from a long time ago. I don't have SP2 so I don't have the updated version with Tools and all that jazz.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Hi David - Cecil B Demille stand aside 😂

Pro Member Captain

Hi FL050, yes I had to download SP2 in order to get WMM 2.1

Ok, so there will be a GPS Kid video on here within 6 hours of the time of this posting !

.... But it won't be in ths usual format, it will be a subject that some will love and others will hate :-

"GPS Kid flies PMDG 737 Part 1" - Engine Start up.

Of course I've said that sounding really impressive and this is from the guy whose never yet even LAUNCHED WMM so I don't know how it will work out but we'll see.

If it proves too complex I'll just make a video of me flying around in the Piper Cub ! 😂

Pro Member Captain

To coin a classic English phrase :-

BUGGER !

Can't get this working properly. (WMM). FRAPS is working sweetly but I'm having big problems with WMM as my non-FS PC just does not seem powerful enough to run it.

I took 15 clips on FRAPS of the entire start up process for the PMDG 737NG, I played back each clip on my FS PC, but when I imported them to this (my Internet / Work PC), I'm getting jumping, crashing, 14 minutes to import a single cli9p, etc, etc.

It's not WMM's fault - I have an unbelievable amount of problems with this PC Twisted Evil , mainly because it runs on a pathetic 228Mb of RAM. (It also can't be upgraded as it's a Hi-Grade closed entertainment system).

...and my FS PC is strictly off-line and doesn't have WMM.

I may have tried to do too much too soon but regardless, for now I'm going to sit back and enjoy all of the other fantastic Vids people are making ! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...