My Internet has been capped, I won't be around much...

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Sorry guys but I won't be able to reply to some of your questions this month because my internet has been capped due to me downloading and uploading too much Rules 😞 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . I'll be back the moment my connection comes online again. I've got 56k but I don't want to run up the bills.

Astalavista

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

😞 That's a shame, I know of "capping" but we don't have that here.

The month is only half over, I hope you don't miss anything important, I couldn't exist without my (library) internet.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

The month is only half over, I hope you don't miss anything important, I couldn't exist without my (library) internet.

Radar

Agreed.

What ISP do you use? I've never used capped internet, but 56k ISP is very cheap nowadays. I know you can get SBC DSL for about $25 a month now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FL050 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Agreed.

What ISP do you use? I've never used capped internet, but 56k ISP is very cheap nowadays. I know you can get SBC DSL for about $25 a month now.

FLO50, I don't know of capping in the US, our broadband is always on.
He's not here.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Ooops, Doh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

When I had that virus I couldn't use the internet or use the simulator. Crying or Very sad Dell was mesing around with us.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

YEEE HAAAAAA " I'm back"

Finaly i'm allowed to go on the net again.Anyway many of my fellow South Africans are sueing South African Telkom 😀 😀 😀 😀 because they capp the internet [Other countries don't] and people who just just check the odd email have been capped for uploading to much [how does that happen].

Every month I keep track of how much I download and upload but telkom always seems to capp me cause I've downloaded too much [incorrect info]

Last Month.

I downloaded 2,1 gigs and uploaded 0,5 gigs.

Telkom says I downloaded and uploaded 3,2 gigs.

BashDaBish Guest

JVD wrote:

YEEE HAAAAAA " I'm back"

Finaly i'm allowed to go on the net again.Anyway many of my fellow South Africans are sueing South African Telkom 😀 😀 😀 😀 because they capp the internet [Other countries don't] and people who just just check the odd email have been capped for uploading to much [how does that happen].

Every month I keep track of how much I download and upload but telkom always seems to capp me cause I've downloaded too much [incorrect info]

Last Month.

I downloaded 2,1 gigs and uploaded 0,5 gigs.

Telkom says I downloaded and uploaded 3,2 gigs.

Over here in the UK there are a few ISP's that caps internet usage and you have to pay for any aditional bandwidth you use. I work for one of the many few decent ISP's that only offer unlimited downloads 😀

You mentioned getting capped for uploading too much whilst just checking emails......it is possible that a worm/trojan virus could of been present which uses your upload to spread amongst fellow surfers. So even though the user is not actually uploading anything, the worm/trojan is. Just something for you to mull over.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...