Automated Weather Observation?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello fellow members!

I am flying right now to Frankfurt, EDDF, and I just recived an Automated Weather Observation from GMSL. This is new to me. It's the first time I see this. It's exactly like a normal ATIS, but automated. I didn't change any frequency, just the one that contact Centers.

Does anyone know how can I stop this? It's getting annoying...it doesn't stop! 😕 I tried switching off all the frequencies but it doesn't help.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, the message dissapeared now so problem solved...But it was strange.

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

That's an interesting one, so if it happens again be sure to post about it because I'd love to try and duplicate it here and have a crack at it. So it just cleared itself with no intervention?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I just finished the flight. If you want, here's the information about the flight so you can take it.

Flight: LH527
To: Frankfurt, Germany. Frankfurt Rhein-Main Int'l Airport (EDDF)
Departure Time: 1805
Arrival Time: 1045 (+1 day)
Total Flight Time: 11h40m
Equipment: A340-600 ❤️
Cruise Speed: 0.82
Cruise Altitude: FL410 (Note: this was my final cruising altitude over the Atlantic Ocean)

When I received this Automated Weather Observation, I was over Africa. I was receiving this message from GMSL. If you choose a flight plan that does not passes over Africa, maybe the message won't appear. My flight plan was kind of strange this flight. I shouldn't go to Africa and then north to Europe. I'll try to give you all my waypoints so you can have an idea of my flight plan.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

A bit off topic, but Agus, are you using an addon A340, if not, which panel do you use? All the ones I have ever tried never have working gauges 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

It isn't off topic actually. It's part of the Flight Simulator.

Anyway, I was using a freeware panel with the A340-600. I have the PSS A340 panel but I don't want to merge things and mess everything up.
The panel is this one: hma340v5.zip
Fix: hma340fx.zip
I got it from www.flightsim.com

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Hey Agus,
Is GMSL in northern africa? If it is I had a problem similar to that. You see I was down in Africa in a C-130. I was lost and only had a flight following. (I refused to use the GPS, I was trying my old fashion navigation skills :lol🙂 ATC told me to contact a different center so I tuned to it and it turned out that an automated weather observation was on the same frequency as that center! I had to wait till it was finished, then quickly press 1.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Anyway, I was using a freeware panel with the A340-600. I have the PSS A340 panel but I don't want to merge things and mess everything up.

Ok thanks 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

Ok thanks 😀

It was a bit hard for me to figure out how to see the gauges. Even if you press the Master switch to on, the ND, the PFD, and the EICAS won't show up. You need to go to the Throttle panel and you'll see two switches next to the "Arm Spoilers" switch. Those are the ones that turn on the ND, PFD, and EICAS.

Hey Agus,
Is GMSL in northern africa? If it is I had a problem similar to that. You see I was down in Africa in a C-130. I was lost and only had a flight following. (I refused to use the GPS, I was trying my old fashion navigation skills ) ATC told me to contact a different center so I tuned to it and it turned out that an automated weather observation was on the same frequency as that center! I had to wait till it was finished, then quickly press 1.

Yes, GMSL is in northern Africa.
Strange things happen in FS...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...