Easy Straight in Approaches in FS2004?

Pro Member Trainee
Quisp Trainee

Are there any Easy Straight In approaches (with localizer if possible) set up as available flights in FS2004. I don't see any. I just want to practice landings.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

Those should be I think in Miscelaneous flights or "other", when you are on the "select a flight"page. Try the one which is in Chicago.

Andy2005 Guest

Ye. There's one called 'on approach' under the section called kiosk flights in the select flight section. I don't often use it to practice because usually when I land I have the plane configured differently to this but you can give it a go.
Also if you don't like this flight you can set up your own using slew (y button). Then what I usually do is slow the plane down and configure it for landing. Then when the glidescope comes alive I save it (; button) so I can practice as many times as I like.
Andy 😀

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Quisp wrote:

Are there any Easy Straight In approaches (with localizer if possible) set up as available flights in FS2004. I don't see any. I just want to practice landings.

Absolutely. Here's a choice, depending on your experience and choice of aircraft:

BEGINNER GA
=========
For the Cessna 172SP go to FLYING LESSONS>STUDENT PILOT>LESSON 6: LANDINGS and then choose part 1 or 2 depending on whether you want to fly through the training hoops (aka Visual Flight Path) or not. Bremerton is equipped with ILS on rwy 19 and the radio is already tuned, so you'll have localizer and glidescope activity on your NAV1 display.

INTERMEDIATE GA
============
I'd recommend the Solo Flight: ILS Approach under Instrument Pilot Lesson 2.

ADVANCED GA
==========
Go for the Solo Flight: Shortfield Landing under Commercial Pilot Lesson 2.

JET AIRCRAFT
=========
Solo Flight: Jet Landing under Airline Transport Pilot Lesson 1.

ANY AIRCRAFT
==========
Take off from your favorite airport equipped with ILS and when you are on approach press semicolon ';' to save your flight. Next time you load it you'll be on approach with your radios set (assuming you set them!). Please note that you cannot save the lesson flights, so this will have to be your own.

SHORTCUT
=======
If you start with a light such as the ones Blake14 mentioned (that start you out on the runway), just press ALT to bring up the menu bar if in full-screen mode, then select WORLD>MAP (or click on the panel icon in your plane) and zoom in a couple of times so that you can grab your plane and drag it back to a starting point outside of the green ILS feathers. Now type in your altitude and airspeed in the boxes on the left, and before you close the screen click on the ILS feathers and note your radio tuning info. When you press OK you'll be on approach.

I'd try several different ways and see what you like best. Andy2005's method is certainly a good one, too, providing you can land a 737 in bad weather (though you can always click ALT to modify plane and weather).

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...