crash

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

hey, I wanted to know about some crashes some peole have had that were caused by an uknown reason. please tell me I would like to know.

OOoOOOOOOO did anyone here about the plane that crashed in MIAMI.

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

There was a jetblue incident here at my home airport. (Long Beach KLGB) It had to land with jammed flaps. They were locked in the up position. It was an A320. I don't know y they were locked up though.

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

The news is carrying a story about a plane that crashed in Ft. Lauderdale. It was an old DC-3 on a flight to the Bahamas. A fuel line broke and started a fire in one of the engines. All three people on board survived the crash. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

JarJarBinks wrote:

hey, I wanted to know about some crashes some peole have had that were caused by an uknown reason. please tell me I would like to know.

OOoOOOOOOO did anyone here about the plane that crashed in MIAMI.

The experts usually piece together what happened, given enough time. Sometimes they can only hypothesize, but usually there are enough facts to make a determination.

The AeroPeru 757 that crashed into the waters off Lima and ultimately put AeroPeru out of business (because they couldn't absorb the lawsuits), now that was about the most tragic and preventable crash ever. Know what caused it? A little piece of masking tape!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

what? how?

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

what? how?

Before the aircraft departed it was serviced, and as you know they have to cover the static ports with tape when they wash the aircraft, but the AeroPeru ground crew forgot to remove the tape. After taking off the captain and F/O were getting whacked-out readings from the instruments tied to the static ports, and being that it was at night they couldn't visually judge how close they were to the water, so...

I don't have a link but I know that story and many others can be found on www.aopa.org.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

cool I was on a boeing 737-200 from ATLANTA to BRUNSWICK when a ground crewman that pulls the pins from the landing gear so while on the ground the gear doesn`t couple from under the plane. Anyway a ground crewman didn`t pull the pin so when the plane tookoff they couldn`t get the landing gear up and so we flew around the airport for 45 min. so we could burn some fule off because its too dangerous to land on a full tank. so the pilots told us that there was some major machanical problems which freeked out a everyone. so then when we landed we were stuck in the airport for 3 hours. and it was midnight. but whait theres more before bording our pilot was late so we were there for 5 hours stuck in the airport. so anyway that freeked me out for a good while.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That could be scary. Did the pilot explain what was the problem to the passengers? If I was the pilot, I'd do that, so the passengers don't get too scared. I wouldn't want to scare anyone.

Last Christmans, my family, me and other people were stuck in Rio de Janeiro airport because there wasn't any available aircraft for us. So, we waited like 5 hours and then a Varig 757-300 arrived and we boarded the aircraft to Argentina.

Guest Ed Guest

A friend of mine at work died as a result of a crash in his own plane several years ago. It was an Aercoupe, which I have since learned, is unusual in that it does not have separate aileron and rudder controls-- the two are linked so that turns are automatically coordinated. That wasn't the cause of the problem, but it contributed to the deaths of both him and his passenger, a young woman.

What happened was that a fire started in the cockpit-- apparently he had recently repaired or replaced a fuel shut-off valve, and it leaked and started a fire. Apparently the fire wasn't so bad that he couldn't attempt a landing at the airport they had just left, but because of this combined aileron/rudder control, he couldn't crab sideways to get aligned with a runway, he had to go around and turn again to get aligned. He actually managed to land the plane, but by then they were both badly burned. She died at the scene, and he survived about a week in a burn unit.

That tragedy really shook up a lot of people where I work; he was a brilliant young engineer, as well as a talented musician, and he wanted to be an astronaut. He used to talk to me about scuba diving; he wanted to learn because he thought it would look good on his application for the astronaut corp. He was the principal mechanical engineer for the Mars Pathfinder's lander structure, and also for the Cassini spacecraft's Remote Sensing Pallet, which carries most of the science instruments, currently in orbit around Saturn.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That's really sad....I am sorry for him and for his passenger. 😞

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well i flew into orlando last year the day after all of the Hurricanes. man once we reaches the panhandle it was really bumpy then land was so cool but weird cause you could see all of the destruction.

spuddi Guest

I was on a plane from manchester to dusseldorf, the last flight of the day. when we set off from the gate the pilot noticed the brakes had failed, we sat there for an hour or so and then they worked out that they could not fix it and that we would have to get the morning flight.

The guy in front of me got really irrate cos he had a meeting first thing and was saying, what do we need brakes for??

I said to him how do you want us to stop? he reckoned that the pilot should use his reverse thrusters as toe brakes.
maniac.

assuming that we stopped in time on the runway, can you picture a jet pulling up the gate and then blasting the revers thrusters on to try to stop in time.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

In 2001 I think it was a B757 and a tu154 had a mid air collision at FL300 (It might have been higher) over Germany becouse the contraler was on his own with computers that were running slowly or there was something rong with them and the maintanance had to turn of the phones so the contraler could not contacked the tower to talk about the APP of the 737 that had just entered airspace.ATC was trying to sort out the problem with the 737 that he did not relise the tu154 and 757 on a collision cource.ATC suddenly relised what he had done and told the tu154 to descend but at the same time the b757 had a TCAS warning to decsend the tu154 also had a TCAS warning to climb but the pilots (there were 5 of them 😳 ) followed ATC and started decsending even more rapidly.The B757 increased the descent but it was no good.The tu154 crashed into the tail end of the B757 split in half on just droped the pilots just blacked out and so did all the passangers who either were in the back or the front.The B757 lasted a bit longer but the pilots knew there was nothing thay could do as the aircraft plunged towards the ground. People on the ground explained the scene as the aircraft came threw the clouds they siad the sky was lit and there was big balls of fire Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
Bumbyter Trainee
Pro Member Trainee
Bumbyter Trainee

Most of those who died in the midair collision over Germany were Russian school children.

The ATC responsible was murdered last year by the father of one of the victims.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

National Geographic has a 1 hr programme about this ➡

In July 2002, a Tupolev 154 carrying a Russian school party to Spain flew towards the Swiss/German border, as did a DHL cargo plane heading for Belgium. A lone, overworked air traffic controller at the Zurich control centre failed to notice they were on a collision course until the last minute, when his actions precipitated disaster. This is the tale of a tragedy at 36,000 feet that claimed 71 lives.

http://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/explore/aircrash/index.asp

Episode discription 4

A very interesting series if you can catch it

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I was nearly right Embarassed I saw that on a program called Mayday which was on every thursday over here in Ireland.I also saw that one were the captian was sucked out of the cockpit I cant believe he lived.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

TTT did you see the one about the 707 that ran out of fuel and crashed near NY city?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Yes,Ive watched them all

That was tragic as ATC did not know it was a fuel emergancy

I thought it was this series where a flight across the Atlantic ran out of fuel and the pilots had to glide into the Azores for a very heavy landing
That must have been the Mayday series
Idea There is a post about it somewhere,I will try and find it

Edit ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1167/you-must-watch-this/

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I seen that A330 one and the cap did not believe he thought it was the computers 😞 Always trust you instruments 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...