f-15 afterburners

Pro Member Trainee
milesy Trainee

i have the coral jasdf f-15j i have also donloaded an afterburner effect as the original plane didnt come with 1. the after burner works but only when the lights are on, is there a way to fix this so that i dont have to turn the lights on and off each time and the afterburner works on the throttle

😕

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It would have to be done in the cfg file, if it can be done.
Most of the jets don't have it so I would leave it alone.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
milesy Trainee

i have looked in the config for other planes that the afterburners work with the throttle and not the lights but i cnt see any difference in them and the f-15

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The majority of the designers are very nice guys, write to him and ask how you can change that.
His e-mail should be in the read-me.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
milesy Trainee

i have been playing around with the config and the panel and have finally got the perfect afterburner using the mig-31 firefox afterburner also i got a nice smoke effect from it too. now the afterburners work along with the throttle. thanks for your help though 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Great, that's the way to really enjoy the hobby, fool around with the download and customize it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
reddhaus Trainee

milesy wrote:

i have been playing around with the config and the panel and have finally got the perfect afterburner using the mig-31 firefox afterburner also i got a nice smoke effect from it too. now the afterburners work along with the throttle. thanks for your help though 😂

Hey milesy!!

I have been working on these issues also. I want my afterburners and conrails to work without having to have the lights on. I have a sweet f-16 where afterburners and conrails are not linked to the lights and I love it. I want to make all of my other planes function like this. I have compared .cfg files and can't find the difference.

What did you do to fix this?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...