FsPassengers, an AWESOME addon

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

FsPassengers is AMAZING. It's got everything you need to start flying right off the bat! All menus are used during flight, and it's super easy to learn.

Anyone, ANYONE, even Radarman, with his TailDraggers would love this!

What you get during a flight with FSpassengers

Real time loading-You have to wait for your passengers to board...Dont forget to open the door so they can get on! The flight attendant, if you have one (They can be set to only medium and heavy jets, or ALL aircraft.) will close the door when boarding is done. You can also skip boarding and get ready to go.

Airline Creation and Management- You start your very own airline. Fly for the airline, Manage it, or do both. When you manage it, you have to buy and repair aircraft. Be sure that the pilots you have are qualified, otherwise you can't buy anything better than the Cessna Skyhawk at the beginning.

Crew announcements-Pre flight boarding ambiance, In-Flight announcements, safetey briefings. They even offer you coffee, and you can hear the cockpit door open. French, English, and Deutsch

A Set-them yourself V-speeds list, that the Copilot will call out.

Co-pilot assisted nav tuning-Hit C and type say N20333 and the Co-pilot will tune radio to 203.33 frequency, with a readback, so you know it's done correctly.

Many more failures than FS9 originally has. Engine fires, better watch all your instruments, you can have slow electrical failures, shown simply by a extremely gradual drop in voltage.

If the landing gear gets stuck up, the plane WILL SKID TO A STOP, for a belly landing. With luck, you wont kill your passengers and you'll get bonus points for a safe emergency.

There's so much more, but I'm flyin now, so i'll let you download it and check for yourself.

FULLY FUNCTIONAL, ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO USE IT COMPLETELY IS TAKEOFF FROM SAN-FRANSISCO AIRPORTS!!!

www.fspassengers.com

GET IT NOW

9.5 out of 10

The only Con i can think of- No way to input previous pilot hours, which means you're flying a Cessna Skyhawk untill you get enough hours. (This can be de-selected, so you don't HAVE to do it this way).

Answers 53 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

All I am concerned is the frame rate......how is that?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Little to No effect to it whatsoever, it's basically "background noise"

I have it, but I dont find it nearly as good as Fs2crew.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, but it's meant for a different use than FS2Crew. This simulates Airline Management, Aircraft maintenece costs, and pilot progression through ranks.

Pro Member Trainee
FlorisGroeneveld Trainee

How do you do your crew sounds, and I can't even start my own airline, I don't have the right thing. I douwnloaded and installed the full version...

Andy2005 Guest

Sounds like a good addon. The idea I like most are how you get points for how well you fly and gradually progress up to harder airplanes. I guess that would give it a good learning curve. Would this addon be ideal for beginners, because when my cousins or friends come over they always want to fly the bigger planes like me but they're rubbish and they can't be bothered to take lessons. Does it have any simple training?
ANDY 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

TOTALLY AGREE WITH FEM ....... I bought this the day it was released after a long anticipation and it is SUPERB !

I also agree that it's a totally different to FS2Crew - I like the both but they are entirely different.... FS2Crew is technical and is about F/O interaction.... FS Passengers gives you the responsibility for all of your passengers..... You need to board them, feed them, ascend gently, descend appropriately.... but theres so much more .... The Load screen is fab because it interacts with the FS Payload screen automatically. You get LOADS of info during your flight you can also tune COM and NAV using simply key commands ... ie when you get the message "Tune Amsterdam Centre on 121.80" .... you can simply type C 12180 on your keybaord and the F/O will tune the radio .... these features work on ANY add-on..

Really great add-on, love it ... works very well with FDC live cockpit too although you need to de-activate some features (such as the cabin crew) because they will duplicate.

My only criticism is that I haven't yet found a way of replacing the Australian Cabin Crew with a different accent ..... I think she may be the only one for now !

😉

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I guess you cannot actually see your passengers........
they only exist on the forms you fill out.........

Pro Member Trainee
FlorisGroeneveld Trainee

Please help me installing fspassengers! add me on msn floris_groeneveld@hotmail.com

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'd be more than happy to! I added you this morning, so i'll wait for you to get on.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Floris,

I got your Private Message.

You access all of the FS Passengers settings, etc from the main FS menu once you are in a flight.... so start a flight, then just press ALT to get the menu up, and you'll see that there will be a new "FsPassengers item on the menu bar.

If you're still stuck, hopefully FEM can help you on MSN as I don't use MSN.

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

yeah, i bought the full version of FsPassengers, and that $38.00 is TOTALLY worth the money!! and in the unregistered version you can only take off from san fransisco, but buy the full version from the $38.00, and you wont be sorry!!

I love FsPassengers!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I guess you cannot actually see your passengers........
they only exist on the forms you fill out.........

Why would you want to? That would destroy your FPS rate for one. Secondly, if you could imagine the amout of programming it would take to have passengers, with variable AI. Not to mention the fact that many aircraft don't have virtual cabins. It would be impossible to have visible passengers. You can hear them though.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I just noticed this!!! I am going to get it!! I have been waiting for it to come out!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Can you carry cargo too, like only cargo. Or do you have to carry passengers. If not, is there a program out there for cargo planes. I'm not much for passengers. Can be fun, but I don't like hearing complaints left and right. Cargo never complains. It hits you in the back of the head every so often, but it never speaks.

So, how about cargo?

crosscheck9 Guest

from what everybody has said about it, it looks like a great add-on. Is it THAT much better than Airline Pilot. I"m looking into getting either one of the two.

crosscheck9 Guest

hey - i downloaded the demo of fspassengers. it looks pretty good, but how do you atler the pressure in the plane.

PS: don't overlook my above post. I posted twice consecutively, so you may skip it by mistake. 😂 thx

Andy2005 Guest

hey - i downloaded the demo of fspassengers. it looks pretty good, but how do you atler the pressure in the plane.

I too would like to know how to do this. My passengers keep passing out when I go past 12000ft, even in a plane I know can fly at up to 25 000ft. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

You must make a custom payload model to alter pressure.

I'm not much for passengers. Can be fun, but I don't like hearing complaints left and right. Cargo never complains. It hits you in the back of the head every so often, but it never speaks.

If you fly well, passengers never complain either. But no, I haven't seen FsCargo anywhere. It IS possible to carry only cargo, but the cash flow sucks.

crosscheck9 Guest

in fspassengers, do I have to start off in the cessna skyhawk, and then fly that long preplanned flightplan, or can I fly it to some other closer destination?

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

I'm wouldn't be in it for a profit anyway, I just want to have a purpose in mind when I leave the runway, and I love cargo aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain

in fspassengers, do I have to start off in the cessna skyhawk, and then fly that long preplanned flightplan, or can I fly it to some other closer destination?

You can fly any aircraft anywyere, but unless you bought it (Why wouldn't you buy it anyway) you hvae to take off from KSFO

crosscheck9 Guest

well..im gonna buy, just not right now. Im on holiday, and I dont want it to be on a computer I'll only be using for 2 weeks more. If it were a software on a cd, well, I'd have it by now.

crosscheck9 Guest

on fspassengers, i was on a short hop from KSFO to KMFS (sacremento) when all of a sudden, I noticed passenger satisfaction drastically decreasing. It said I was passing through a war zone. HOW THE HECK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!! Its not like I had a radar or something that would tell me. How do I fix this. Also, on the GA aircraft, I keep losing pressure above 12000 feet. How do I fix this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

lds_soldier

Can you carry cargo too, like only cargo. Or do you have to carry passengers. If not, is there a program out there for cargo planes. I'm not much for passengers. Can be fun, but I don't like hearing complaints left and right. Cargo never complains. It hits you in the back of the head every so often, but it never speaks.

So, how about cargo?

I have not tried this,but if you "buy" and load a cargo aircraft in FSpass that may work

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

Fantastic piece of software, I'm really enjoying it. However I have one small problem. Whenever I go into the company manager then Statistics and I select Aircraft ...FS9 stops responding and crashes.
Is it just me or has this happened to someone else?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

Also, on the GA aircraft, I keep losing pressure above 12000 feet. How do I fix this.

General aviation aircraft (unless they have a separate pressurization/oxygen system installed) can't go above 10,000 feet. I'm not familiar with FS passengers, but as far as real world standards that could be the reason why. When you file flight plans try altitudes of less than 10,000 feet.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The War Zone in Cali. is a Demo of what it would be like flying over the middle east with the full version.

crosscheck9 Guest

Why just the middle east? There are some parts safer than others, and anyways, all over the world, there are war zones - take north korea or parts of russia for example? Is that how the game is configured?

Pro Member Chief Captain

There's war zones everywhere there would be in the real world, I used the Middle East because it's the one everyone hears about.

crosscheck9 Guest

Ah - okay, thanks. But in fspassengers, do they give you an indication when you are going over a war zone, because in the demo, they didn't.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No, but you'll feel and hear anti-air shells hit you if you're really low!

crosscheck9 Guest

haha Clap more realism I guess? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah, so get in and get out in a hurry over war zones, but you'll make HARDCORE points and stuff if you do it good

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Hello all, just passing(/posting) by once again, hope all you simmers out there are doing well?
Sorry to reopen an old thread; I accidentially stumbled across it while searching for a solution to a completely unrelated problem, (Haven't found that yet unfortunately) and after having read FEM's enthusiastic recommendation -which actually made me laugh 😀 - I found myself at the download link for the payware before I knew it... I nearly spent the money without thinking twice just because of that post Wink
Hopefully it is as good as you say it is FEM ... Wink

It sounds like it just may add that little bit to FS2004 that I am looking for; some more 'game' around the actual flying and something more to do while at cruise level on long hauls...

I'm going to get it tomorrow and see if it's worth the money!

[edit] Forgot to ask, I didn't read all the posts containing "fspassengers" so if it has been asked/answered before, my apologies; but does this add on put any restrictions on custom planes / panels?

Reason for asking being that I've modified some panels myself, to my convenience or liking, like a taxilight, panel lights and master batteryswitch on the Greg panel for the B737 and those kind of things, and I'd hate to have to revert back to default 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

none what so ever it just runs in the back round.

All your moded panels stay the same.

Hope this helps

Liono

gazpode_l@yahoo.com Guest

Is there any way other than buying it, to make it work over uk airspace, like eg launching flights from stansted, luton or even gatwick?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I've tried it before and it doesn't work 😞

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i just had an awesome failure in flight sim, with fspassengers!!

My gear jammed shut and therefore i had to do a belly landing, it was such good fun, the tension in my living room was unbearable!!

I made the landing, but unfortunately the runway was quite short and i clipped a tree at the end. most passengers survived but a few didn't,
please spare a quite moment for them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

FSPassengers is awesome!!!

Micah

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

I just downloaded it last night, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Sounds pretty intriguing anyway. So can you turn it off without uninstalling if you want to play normal FS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes its a great program.
Try to set it in the most hard level with carier pilot...If you ...arghhh...there is no come back 😉 It records all kind of flight and you cant cheat. 😉 When you crash and missed your pilot you see and hear something like funeral...brrrrr Fear Fear Fear (its obvious that i have personal experience... 🙄 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

crash_deplane wrote:

I just downloaded it last night, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Sounds pretty intriguing anyway. So can you turn it off without uninstalling if you want to play normal FS?

When you hit alt you will notice an extra option FSpassengers.If you choose this you start the program,if you dont you have your FS without it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

I am looking in to buying FSpassengers and need to ask a few questions.

1) What planes are there available to fly and when you start do you have to start flying with a small plane and work youre way up to the bigger ones or can you start flying the bigger ones straight away?

2) How do the passengers react when you do something good - like on landing you do it nicely - do they clap or something...?

3) how much would it be in pounds - £?

Thanks

SteveT

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

SteveT wrote:

I am looking in to buying FSpassengers and need to ask a few questions.

1) What planes are there available to fly and when you start do you have to start flying with a small plane and work youre way up to the bigger ones or can you start flying the bigger ones straight away?

2) How do the passengers react when you do something good - like on landing you do it nicely - do they clap or something...?

3) how much would it be in pounds - £?

Thanks

SteveT

1. You can fly all of your planes and most of your add-ons.
You can set up your company as you like.It has a lot of difficultie levels.
So if you start from a hard level you start flying with a cecssna or a mooney.You have to reach an hours and points level in order to get the next rank which allow you to fly with beechcraft etc.
When you set up this program in the main programs menu(from Start/Programs) of your system it appears the FSpassengers choice.In there, there is the FsPassengers Aircraft Browser Utillitie.There you can see all of your crafts,the rank you need to fly them and the value of them.
Its up to you the level of difficultie you will choose.

2. Passengers screaming when you do aerobatics or dangerous manouvres(more Gs)
No clapping on landing(i find it ridiculus when it happens in real flights) but you get bonus if you land soft and right on scedule time.

3. It costs 31euros.(21.3238 P if i convert it right)

Last edited by Greekman72 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Thanks for the answers - but just a quick off-topic q - do you know any good A330 sounds?

Thanks

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Steve, i dont know of the sounds, but just wanted to suggest that if you need something like that, start a new topic, it will get answered much quicker.
Have you tried searching for the sounds at AVSIM.COM?

free t register and very very good.

Micah 😉

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

Thanks Greekman for the info. Well, I tried it this evening with the demo flight. Apparently got a false start when I thought the passengers had already boarded and I taxied out to the runway. They weren't. Embarassed Doh... So that didn't help the company rating much. So, once I figured out how to board the passengers we got to LAX okay. Apparently music during taxi, a drink after takeoff and an in-flight meal were a hit, and other than the co-pilot's comment on the rough landing (bounced once), I still managed a 100% approval. 😛 Kind of a cool add-on though, that's neat that they also add the sound effects that you don't normally get (seatbelt chime, brake squeal, altitude readouts). Might have to play around some more to see if I really want to buy it, but it certainly adds many other dimensions beyond just flying the plane. Might have to consider it... 😎
-Dave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Feel free to ask anything CrashDeplane 😉

the wolf Guest

Looks interesting - tried the website quoted but was informed "page unavailable" - does anybody else have any suggestions how it might be reached?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

the wolf wrote:

Looks interesting - tried the website quoted but was informed "page unavailable" - does anybody else have any suggestions how it might be reached?

You put this link and you dont get it? ➡

http://www.fspassengers.com/

It works fine for me Dont Know

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Hello all! I havent been here in a while. Radarman, Jolegg and Agus!!! You are all still here?

Anyone come up with a good way to work around the 'landed at wrong airport' problem with FSP? What I do is before putting on the parking brake, I look at the GPS map to see if I am 'closer' to another airport. Sometimes I have to park in a rediculous place in order to be at 'my' airport.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Elkinallen wrote:

Hello all! I havent been here in a while. Radarman, Jolegg and Agus!!! You are all still here?

Anyone come up with a good way to work around the 'landed at wrong airport' problem with FSP? What I do is before putting on the parking brake, I look at the GPS map to see if I am 'closer' to another airport. Sometimes I have to park in a rediculous place in order to be at 'my' airport.

There GONE. This post is from 2005.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Elkinallen wrote:

When you create a fligt in FSP there is a section Destination, type in the airport code and you should be fine when you land athe the airport that you typed in.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...