Why I'll never use G-Mail

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I personally like GMail, but I'm sure it has it's bugs.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Bugs and privacy are akin to apples and oranges

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

FEM,
I visited your web site and I did not find anything except for your pictures 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Um, there's pictures, and you can read the blog things. Basically if I have something to rant about, i'll do it there. No downloads or anything...unless you want pictures of me... 😳 😳 Umm...

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Yeah, I stopped using Gmail days after I got an account. Its to simple, to creepy and the space given is too much to be true to be free. GMail are probably trying to read private mail and everything 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

twistedsucker wrote:

Yeah, I stopped using Gmail days after I got an account. Its to simple, to creepy and the space given is too much to be true to be free. GMail are probably trying to read private mail and everything 🙂

Too simple? How can anything be too simple? Thats what i like about it! And some people like me need all of that space. Ive used 56% already!

spuddi Guest

the guy who wrote the website seems to have a chip on his shoulder about something, maybe he's a disgruntled employee?
All the email suppliers could look at you email if they wanted to, the guy even acknowledges that Gmail is the same as all the others, but still sees fit to single them out.

as for the ads at the bottom of mails, so the technology they use means that some of the ads are inappropriate, who looks at them anyway?
we are all subjected to inappropriate ads as part of daily life, my kid might get run over by someone driving a ford explorer. I then might go home from the morgue and see a ford explorer advert on the tv and it might bring back all the horrible memories. I think ford still should be able to advertise their cars.

I think it comes down to this. If you do not trust Gmail with your data protection then don't use them.
But ask yourself this, why don't you trust them? is it because you have evidence that they are more likely to break the law than any other organization? or is just because someone has got himself a website to tell everyone about his personal dislikes.

P.s I do not, nor I am i likely to have Gmail because my ISP gives me what I want.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Hmm... what we have here is an outbreak of paranoia. Gmail is no better or worse than any other free email. Free email is not "less private" than what you ISP provides. All major SMTP and POP3/IMAP4 servers log everything. Anyone operating a server has the ability to peek at anything sent or received by it. Anyone with the proper software can snare anything going through a network they have access to. If mail is not encrypted, it is not private. Never has been Never will be.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

That is why I use yahoo mail. It is simply the best mail program with no bugs so far. And the ammound of space you get. It's crazy.

spuddi Guest

CrashGrodon well said!

I don't expect my ISP to be anymore secure, if anyone at my ISP really wants to read my mail good luck to them, i'm sure they will soon get bored.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...