More on Alaska OT

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

That was when I went to a thing called Camp Kodiak.

Goofy ass FEM is in the pictures too from time to time. In one, I'm wearing a blue plaid button down shirt, and a brownish color hat.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

👍

Greekman72

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Cool! Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Great pics FEM ❗ 👍

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Just one problem. That doesn't look like Kodiak to me.

Where at on the island is that?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Lol, have a peek at the post title "More on Alaska". There was some talk about living up there, so I figured why not show the trip I was fortunate to go on.

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah, but shouldn't Camp Kodiak at least be on or near the island?

Not to slight your trip or anything, I'm sure it was great, and at least you visited the place. But Camp Kodiak should be in Kodiak.

by the way, please keep your visits temporary. We don't like a bunch of people moving in. It wears at the oil dividend that we all get a piece of up here. Less shares=bigger shares. We are also greedy.

Oh hey, I'm going to advertise a little.

DON'T EAT FARMED SALMON!!!!!

Eat wild salmon. No chemicals, no dye, naturally grown, healthier fish=better meat. Free range equals greater movement and better feeding=healthier.

Said my piece, but you still haven't answered my question. Where at in Alaska was Camp Kodiak?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I know what you mean about moving in. If I lived there I wouldn't want people moving in and taking over the land.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, camp Kodiak was everywhere. We landed in anchorage, then headed out to a large river for a 3 day canoe trip. During which i hooked my thumb on a fishing hook hardcore. After that, we flew out to a place called McArthy, where we could actually SHOWER (We all stank, it was a bad plane ride). We climbed up a glacier there, then shot fireworks at it, which was neat because it knocked a piece off into the water. Then we took a heli ride out to a mountain range where we found little rocks with the geode crystals in them. After this, pa and I had to head back for out flight, so we spent a day in ancorage, went to a museum, and had a good time. Honestly I dont' reeally know the exact names of all the rivers and whatnot we hung out at. It was a trip for Catholic guys, and I recall me and a dutch boy named Moritz getting extremely hungry and eating some of the unconsecrated communion wafers as we rafted down the river.

Pro Member First Officer

taking over the land? That's not the problem. We've got land to spare. It's the oil revenue's we don't want to share. The dividend I refered to is yearly interest on the money from the Exxon Valdez settlement. The settlement to Alaska was for millions, then augmented by the profits off of Alaskan oil every year. That's all put into a big account. The interest earned every year is skimmed off the top and shared with every Alaskan resident down to a new born baby. So, the more people, the more shares, the less each share is worth.

So as I said, we have plenty of land to share, we just don't want to share our easy money, which usually amounts to about two grand each year, depending on how much oil is worth the year.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Holy crap dude, that's quite a bit! I mean, in the overall theory of things, No it's not, but if that's just used as spending money, or banked straight up, that's a nice settlement!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...