"Adv" Folder in FS2004 Directory - What is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I found that foler in the flight simulator folder. It is 0 bites. What is it? Do I need it or can I delete it?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

If nothing is in it I think that is ok to delete it. I have those all the time because when I add-on airplanes I end up getting empty folder textues and effects after I emptyed the stuff out. You don't have to delete it but you can.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I have that folder in my FS9 folder too. Inside of it there is a folder called "WAV", inside of it there is a folder called "Cache". But that is it, anyone know what it is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

I have that folder in my FS9 folder too. Inside of it there is a folder called "WAV", inside of it there is a folder called "Cache". But that is it, anyone know what it is?

That's exactly what I have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know they ask somewhere in settings if you want your 'cache" deleted after every flight, that may be the folder. I checked yes, I don't want junk to build up.

I would just leave to folder where it is, it's not taking up that much of your h/d and deleting something that they put in may cause trouble down the road if you delete it now.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...