Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

"Adv" Folder in FS2004 Directory - What is it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I found that foler in the flight simulator folder. It is 0 bites. What is it? Do I need it or can I delete it?

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

If nothing is in it I think that is ok to delete it. I have those all the time because when I add-on airplanes I end up getting empty folder textues and effects after I emptyed the stuff out. You don't have to delete it but you can.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I have that folder in my FS9 folder too. Inside of it there is a folder called "WAV", inside of it there is a folder called "Cache". But that is it, anyone know what it is?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

SamIntel wrote:

I have that folder in my FS9 folder too. Inside of it there is a folder called "WAV", inside of it there is a folder called "Cache". But that is it, anyone know what it is?

That's exactly what I have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know they ask somewhere in settings if you want your 'cache" deleted after every flight, that may be the folder. I checked yes, I don't want junk to build up.

I would just leave to folder where it is, it's not taking up that much of your h/d and deleting something that they put in may cause trouble down the road if you delete it now.

Radar