Saw something strange in best buy today...

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

I was looking through the PC games and right next to flight simulator I saw a box labeled Airbus A380. It claims to have a 3D virtual cockpit and a virtual cabin. I never saw anything like this in best buy before so I just figured I'd post about it.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

that sounds pretty cool

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

is this it

Overview

The Airbus A380 is a technological marvel with its two-story cabin, 550-passenger capacity and the ability to transport people over a distance of 8,000 miles. Even though this amazing plane isn't scheduled to start flying in real-life until 2006, you have the chance to get behind the wheel of this powerful aircraft now. This addition to your Microsoft Flight Simulator lets you choose who you'll be flying for with custom styled planes for companies, such as Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Air France, KLM, Qantas and many others.

Have a seat in the detailed, 3D cockpit and take control. You'll be amazed by the customized Flight Management Computer that works together with the Flight Simulator's built-in Flight Planner for virtually automatic flying where you only need to worry about taking off and landing. Explore designated routes, including New York to Paris, Los Angeles to Tokyo, Singapore to Munich and more. Plus, you'll get to see beautiful imagery of the Toulouse Airport in France, home of the Airbus A380.

Features

Take to the skies in the Airbus A380 before it even makes its maiden voyage in real life

Choose which airline you'll be flying for, including Lufthansa, Qantas, KLM, China Southern, Air France, Virgin Atlantic and others

Command the plane from a virtual 3D cockpit complete with a customized Flight Management Computer

Flight paths take you from New York to Paris, Chicago to Amsterdam, Singapore to Munich and more

Requires Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 or 2004

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

Yea thats what I saw there.

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

that looks pretty cool but I'm a big Boeing fan so I won't get it.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

http://www.abacuspub.com/

Abacus does make some nice things. It looks much more solidly built than the WilcoFleet A380, however it does just look like a step up from default as far as realism goes.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I wouldn't get it because they don't know how the airplane handles and looks like. So it won't be acurate to the manufacturers specs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fry's ( www.outpost.com ) is a nation wide chain and they usually have some different add-ons. I don't think they sell them over the net.
The store I go to is well over 100,000 sq. ft. (warehouse style) and is all electronics with a huge software section.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Fry's ( www.outpost.com ) is a nation wide chain and they usually have some different add-ons. I don't think they sell them over the net.
The store I go to is well over 100,000 sq. ft. (warehouse style) and is all electronics with a huge software section.

Radar

They sure don't sell them over the net...just 3 0r 4 titles listed for FS 2000

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They are carrying more now, feed the single word "flight" into their search and you'll come up with quite a few (3 pages) of assorted software and hardware.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...