unable to run FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
bigles99 Trainee

When i start FS2004 a box pops up saying "this version is not compatible this version is build 9.01.40901 and it should be 9.00.30612.
It then Terminates the Programme.
I have re-installed and deleted it several times but it still fails.

Can Anyone Help?????

thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Replace FSUIPC with this new one and see if that does it.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Try this: Go to start [XP button on the Desktop screen], click on "All Programs", locate Microsoft Games, click on it, click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator, locate trouble shooting and click on "Restore Defaults". Once that is done try loading the Fltsim again.

Pro Member Trainee
bigles99 Trainee

JVD wrote:

Try this: Go to start [XP button on the Desktop screen], click on "All Programs", locate Microsoft Games, click on it, click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator, locate trouble shooting and click on "Restore Defaults". Once that is done try loading the Fltsim again.

many thanks to JVD and Radar man working fine now

Paul H Guest

I have had the same problem. Using FS2004 for six months, then one day, the same appears on the screen. Tried re setting defaults etc and re loading. Same problem persists.

Paul

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Paul H wrote:

I have had the same problem. Using FS2004 for six months, then one day, the same appears on the screen. Tried re setting defaults etc and re loading. Same problem persists.

Paul

Remove it completely from your machine and reinstall it.
This will show you how to do a complete cleanup.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;888846

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...