Deleteing files

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

Hey guys. i was wondering, do i have to keep the add-on plane files or can i delete them to save room? THANKS AGAIN!!

AJ

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You can delete them from their temprorary folder but not from the airctraft folder you put them in. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

yeah thats what i was talking about! Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I must disagree, and wait to be corrected.
You can delete any aircraft from your main aircraft folder that you added.

You can't (or shouldn't) delete any of the default aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

You can delete the temp files or the planes out of the game, but as RadarMan says not the default planes. The only problem you might have deleting planes from the game is you may have some files in areas you don't know about such as gauges. The only problem that will cause is just the loss of space on your hard drive since they are never called up by the game without the planes.

If I download and install a plane and don't like it I delete it..................no problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I misinterperted the question I guess. Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

Go into your <fs9>\Aircraft directory and select all the aircraft folders you wish to remove. Press SHFT-Delete to forever kill them, or just Delete alone to send them to your recycling bin.

Be sure not to delete the C172SP, Baron, or default 737-400. If you have payware or others that are important to you, be careful.

I wouldn't worry too much about gauges, effects, etc. You can use a management program to get rid of these as well but it won't hurt for them to stay there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...