FRENCH SPEAKERS - I NEED QUICK HELP PLEASE!!

crosscheck9 Guest

Please, can someone who speaks french answer the following question -

There are some reciprocal verbs, which don't require subject - verb agreement in the passe compose. Can you please tell me what they are -I know se donner is one of them, but there are alot more, which aren't in the textbook, and I can't find them online. Please help. I have a test tommorow, and I can't afford to forget this. Sorry for the trouble.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

See if this helps...

http://french.about.com/library/weekly/aa021900L2.htm

Im gonna search for more.

crosscheck9 Guest

Gee, Thanks Greekman - It was a good link, but I had come across it before. It shows general reciprocal verbs, not just the one's that don't require subject-verb agreement in the passe compose. You don't have to keep searching. I just e-mailed my former French teacher, who used to teach me when I used to live in Dallas. I'm hoping for a reply soon, however, I want to thank you for your kind efforts Greekman.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Nothing special crosscheck...Just the first link when i feed google.Let us know if you dont get reply from your teacher...we have some more ammo 😉

crosscheck9 Guest

Hehe, Thanks Greekman - I'll keep you updated.

Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

Hi there!

Do you need some translation?

I speak some french..

crosscheck9 Guest

Actually, here's what I need.

There are some reciprocal verbs, which don't require subject - verb agreement in the passe compose. Can you please tell me what they are -I know se donner is one of them, but there are alot more, which aren't in the textbook, and I can't find them online. Please help. I have a test tommorow, and I can't afford to forget this. Sorry for the trouble.

Do you know anything about this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Crosscheck,

I'm not too sure what you mean.

Do you mean reflexive verbs like se donner ( as you suggested) se lever, se coucher, se doucher etc. With reflexive verbs, the subject performs the action on itself.

Sorry if thats not it

😞

crosscheck9 Guest

Very close 99jolegg. You see, the reciprocal verbs are very much like reflexive verbs. The difference is that you can add se, nous or vous to any verb to make the verb reciprocal. When these three pronouns are added to a verb, they mean (to/for/at) each other when added to any verb. I hope that makes sense. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh I think I understand:

s'adorer- to adore
s'aimer- to love
se comprendre- to understand
se connaître- to know
se détester- to hate
se dire- to tell
se disputer- to argue
s'écrire- to write to
s'embrasser- to kiss
se parler- to talk to
se promettre- to promise
se quitter- to leave
se regarder- to look at
se rencontrer- to meet
se sourire- to smile at
se téléphoner- to call
se voir- to see

Is this right?
Je comprends - I understand.
Nous nous comprenons - We understand each other.

Sorry If I am wrong again 😕

crosscheck9 Guest

Hehe, thanks again 99jolegg. Some of the verbs are correct, but I seem to recall that some of them are untrue. Eg. in se sourire, we are required to make subject verb agreement in the passe compose. There are only a select few verbs, that don't require this subject verb agreement. You seem like you know a very good amount of French. Thanks for your efforts. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, now I'll just have guess one last time 😂

s'aimer- to love each other
se détester- to hate each other
se disputer- to argue
s'embrasser- to kiss
se parler- to talk to each other
se quitter- to leave each other
se regarder - to look at each other
se retrouver- to meet each other
se téléphoner- to telephone each other

Or:
http://elearn.mtsac.edu/bvigano/french2/lequotidien/pcreflechis.htm
http://french.about.com/library/weekly/bl-agreement-cv.htm

Other than that, I'm sorry, but I don't have a clue! I did French GCSE, so it is fairly limited 😕

crosscheck9 Guest

Some of them are fine, but others I know for a fact are incorrect. I'm very sorry for being picky, but that's the only information I'm really looking for. I still didn't get my response from the teacher. Anyways, I'll see if I can quickly gather the info before the test tommorow, however, I will check the forum, and my e-mail before I head off to school, to double check for any added info. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...