SearchSearch 

Finally! 'been waiting too long to get into this cockpit...

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I finally completed the requisite flight hours over at UVA to take the 747 checkride! Wow, i've got over 400 hours, and now I finally get to stretch the wings on my PMDG Queen! (It only takes 105 category V [a.k.a. 777-200] hours, not 400 hours, but I took my sweet time getting that rating too!) I bought the 747 way back when PMDG was giving its proceeds to the hurricane relief fund (I think that was labor-day) and havn't touched it since!

I'll be flying IAD-EGLL for the checkride (of course using NATS, SID, STAR, etc), with full manual departure up to 10k feet, and a visual landing (when permissable in london 😉 ). Not to mention all of the pre-flight planning! (i.e. fuel needs, alternates, etc.)...

Oh, and did I mention the checkpilot is a real-world 747 pilot herself? Eeesh.....

Wish me luck guys! I'll probably be taking the flight on Saturday using VATSIM (although with United's "Saturday Scramble" heading into the NY area I may have to postpone that for a chance to fly on my home turf 😉 ) But you can track my progress on ServInfo : UAL2203.

You guys will be the first to know if I botch the job too!

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sounds like a great achievement❗ Hope it all goes well for you, Good Luck Group Wave

Don't forget to let us know how you get on 😉

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Wow! Very impressive. Good luck! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Good luck. I'm sure you will do well.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Good luck!!

Let us know how you do,

Jarred 🙂