Finally! 'been waiting too long to get into this cockpit...

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I finally completed the requisite flight hours over at UVA to take the 747 checkride! Wow, i've got over 400 hours, and now I finally get to stretch the wings on my PMDG Queen! (It only takes 105 category V [a.k.a. 777-200] hours, not 400 hours, but I took my sweet time getting that rating too!) I bought the 747 way back when PMDG was giving its proceeds to the hurricane relief fund (I think that was labor-day) and havn't touched it since!

I'll be flying IAD-EGLL for the checkride (of course using NATS, SID, STAR, etc), with full manual departure up to 10k feet, and a visual landing (when permissable in london 😉 ). Not to mention all of the pre-flight planning! (i.e. fuel needs, alternates, etc.)...

Oh, and did I mention the checkpilot is a real-world 747 pilot herself? Eeesh.....

Wish me luck guys! I'll probably be taking the flight on Saturday using VATSIM (although with United's "Saturday Scramble" heading into the NY area I may have to postpone that for a chance to fly on my home turf 😉 ) But you can track my progress on ServInfo : UAL2203.

You guys will be the first to know if I botch the job too!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sounds like a great achievement❗ Hope it all goes well for you, Good Luck Group Wave

Don't forget to let us know how you get on 😉

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Wow! Very impressive. Good luck! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Good luck. I'm sure you will do well.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Good luck!!

Let us know how you do,

Jarred 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Good luck!

Hope you pass everything fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 All the best OG!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...