ATC Airline Name

mr_d2254 Guest

Hi,

I've been installing some additional airplanes I've downloaded of the internet and was wondering how I can make the atc person say the name of the airline of the plane I'm flying in when talking to atc.

For example:

I've got a United airplane and when I talk to atc it calls me "United 1123" (1123 being the flight number). However, when I use another airplane I've downloaded, ie Swiss, atc calls me " 1123", leaving out the "Swiss" part. Why won't it just say "Swiss 1123"?

I even added "Swiss" to the airlines.cfg in the aircraft folder and I've checked aircraft.cfg of the swiss plane a dozen times.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Download this programe and see if that helps. It's called Edit Voice Pack and adds loads of ATC callsigns ➡

Edit Voice Pack

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that has to be added to the CFG of that aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

mr_d2254 wrote:

Hi,

... was wondering how I can make the atc person say the name of the airline of the plane I'm flying in when talking to atc.

To get ATC to say the name of the airline add the airline name to the airlines.cfg. This file can be found in x:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft folder. Then from the "Airlines call sign" drop down list select the airlines name of your choice.

Here's a list of names I have in my airlines.cfg:

American Airlines
AirTran
Airwave
Atlantic
Cargojet
Delta
United
US Airways
Gaia
Global Freightways
Orbit
Soar
Landmark
Pacifica
American Pacific
Emerald Harbor Air
TWA
Tolair
Speed Bird
Frontier Horizon
Meridian
NORTHWEST
Southwest
FedEx
UPS
USAF
World Travel
Air Force
Delta Airlines
Citrus
Swiss
American
Globe Explorer
Private
Vans Aircraft

* Not all names works

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

Also ensure that the airline name is in the aircraft.cfg file. It should be placed in the atc_airline file and should look something like this

atc_airline=Swiss

Good luck

mr_d2254 Guest

Like I've already said, I've added "Swiss" to airlines.cfg and checked aircraft.cfg for errors such as a mispelled value for atc_airline. I do pretty much understand the cfg file concept this game works with, but I couldn't understand why only a few callsigns worked.

I've downloaded editvoicepack and will try to fix the problem that way. Thanks!

mr_d2254 Guest

michlin wrote:

American Airlines
Vans Aircraft

* Not all names works

Why don't all names work? That's the problem I got.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I guess Microsoft decided not including ATC voice recordings for them. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

I do not remember if Swiss is in the default voice pack file. If there is no voice file for the airline name, you will hear the flight number from atc but there will be no airline designation. To test this pick one of the planes from the default file, such as the Boeing 777 and change the airline name to Swiss. If it is in the file, the program will pickup the name. All you have to do is start FS9 and make a transmission to the tower. I will usually use "ready to taxi" if the name is there you will hear something like

"Swiss 975 ready to taxi" if the name is not there you will hear " 975 ready to taxi".

You may have to download additional voice packs or AI traffic files.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...