Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

ATC problem

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

I have just finished a repaint using Abacus FSRepaint and have given it a new airline name (Pegasus Airlines). I have set the "properties" for the new airline and have added them to the CGF file in FS2004, however ATC does not recognise the new airline name when speaking with me.

If I fly a World Travel aircraft ATC identifies the flight as AirTravel + number etc. With my new Airline, ATC only uses the number I set and not the name.

How do I get ATC to identify me as "Pegasus 2705" when they speak with me ?

Cheers and Safe Flying

Wombat457

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

You have to add a callsign. I don't know how in FS2004 but in FSX you have to go into aircraft.cfg file and fine your airline and edit the ATC Airline. Then when you choose your plane add the Flight Number which will be used in the call sign. Maybe FS2004 is the same can't remember.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Thanks Murfi, I think I ahve already done that and it doesnt seem to work, at least not in FS2004. I will double check though to make sure I got it right. Thanks for the advice though - appreciate it.

Cheers and Safe Flying

Wombat457

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

No problemo.