weapons won't fire

flightsimnewb Guest

hi

i just started playing lock on and its my time playing a flight sim so im just trying to get the weapons to work to start with. i have buttons for select weapon, lock, fire, and select target. i cant get any weapons to fire using these buttons, not even the cannon

can someone please help me?

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go back into settings and see if they are where you put them or if they reverted to the default.

Radar

flightsimnewb Guest

theyre still set

im using a saitek joystick and i have a usb ps2 controller adapter installed also, i dont know if that has anything to do with it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

flightsimnewb wrote:

theyre still set

im using a saitek joystick and i have a usb ps2 controller adapter installed also, i dont know if that has anything to do with it

Have you try to stick your joystick directly to your MOBOs USB ports?Maybe there is a conflict between your adapter and joystick.I could also suggest recalibrate your joystick from the option that FS gives you.

Let us know. 😉

flightsimnewb Guest

i was actually talking about 2 different controllers, the usb adaptor is for a playstation 2 controller but i dont even want to use it for lock on. im using the saitek for lock on and its connected directly to the usb. i just mentioned that because it has both listed in options.

i know the joystick is working because i can fly with the axis's and change the view with one of the buttons and the throttle works too.

im wondering if maybe there is some control to enable the weapons or something like that. the input options is mind boggling for someone who hasnt played flight simulators before, lol.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know which stick you have but check the site for downloads, manuals, maps etc.
http://www.saitek.com

Radar

I have the same problem, I can't fire the weapons at all.

You Just have to change to combat mode, Press 1-6 for air to air, and 7 for air to ground

Guest Guest

Make sure your landing gear is up. Make sure u are in a combat mode like said before. Make sure you set the deploy weapon if you got the patch. Check your F2 view to make sure you are not dropping bombs. So much to do to fire a gun, took me a while too.

gosh what happened to the good ol' sqeeze the trigger and watch em burn???

Pro Member Trainee
David Mathew Covarrubias (David_MC) Trainee

there are pathes at ubi.com i think one fixes compatibility probs. with some joysticks even the saitek. Hope this answers your apocoliptic nightmare.

Pro Member Trainee
pbh17 Trainee

the x52 works great fight sim X .. however, when using it with lock on gold, i cant seem to get the game to adjust to the controler. i have selected the x52 from the drop down box and it will fly the planes. the weapons wont fire nor do i have any other control. has anyone else had the problem or have any tips for something that i may be overlooking ? thanks, p

ermmm dude... to enable weapons press "c" then press any button from 1-6 for air to air combat, and 7 for air to ground

;p

btw whenever i go online no one is there... PLZ JOIN MY GAMES
My user is Zyloflux, i fly an F-15 Eagle

OH YEAH!!! Nearly forgot the most important thing, space is FIRE

Zyloflux

P.S: Join my squad (LOCKDOWN)

dealindame Guest

Thank you so much!!!!!

I can play Lock On Modern Air Combat on XP. I want to know if it will still play on HypeLobby or is there a new place to play others? I would like to see if it will work on Windows 10.

Rhys Modica Guest

I need some help. I quite like Lock on combat simulation but there is a slight snag. I'm using an X55 rhino joystick but for some reason, the game is only accepting one input at a time. for example, if I'm pulling up on the joystick, i can't press the fire button and actually fire the weapon, is there a reason for this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's an old game (2007) and it may be the fault of a new operating system.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...