Uninstalling Old Scenery and Lockheed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I'm trying to uninstall Bacolod scenery and a Lockheed via Add/Remove Programs, but when I select "remove" for both addons, a box comes up saying "Are you sure you want to uninstall Veneaviones Cessna Citation II?", but I don't want to uninstall the Cessna. Could someone help me with this?

Also, when a young family member came for a visit a while ago, he insisted on installing Maxis' "THE SIMS" series. When I tryto uninstall this software, I cannot because I do not have THE SIM'S disk. Is there anyway to bypass this?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The add/remove programs will only remove programs, not add ons. As far as aircraft goes they are easy to remove. Just delete the folder from the aircraft directory. If they used any special gauges they will remain in the gauge folder but that won't hurt anything. Scenery should delete the same way.

I have had software I didn't have the disk to uninstall them, but usually you can get them off your computer by simply deleting the files and folders. Sometimes you can just delete the base folder and sometimes you have to delete the sub folders before you can delete the base folder. This could leave something in your registry that isn't needed but if you have a registry cleaner program it should remove it.

If you aren't needing the hard drive space I would just leave it on until you could get the disk to uninstall it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...