FSX "SEARCH ADD-ON SCENERY" missing all scenery

CaptainEugene Guest

On a new Windows 10 PC I have loaded FSX plus Accelerator and several aircraft, airport and scenery DVDs. I can fly around without a problem except the scenery is default. I know I successfully loaded scenery as when I go to Scenery Library I see 156 areas listed (the default plus the add-ons).

But I I go back to the main screen and initiate a free flight then push the Current Location Change... button I am shown just the default scenery. There is a radio button "Search add-on scenery" but when selected I get nothing shown - just empty panes. How can I enable the loaded scenery please ?

[/img]

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check this out paying special attention to step 4.

http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing-scenery-fsx.html

Radar

CaptainEugene Guest

Thanks for that RadarMan. I'm still not in action though.

All the (4) scenery add-ons do seem to be loaded successfully as I can access them in Settings > Scenery Library. Indeed I can Edit them there too. One of my add-ons is even under the default directory path
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery
but just like the others although it appears in the library it is not available for a flight. I have confirmed that this is more than an absence of ability to select it when clicking the 'Search add-on scenery' radio button by having a flight around the locations and noting the poor quality rendition of the scenery.

I have installed two planes and they are selectable, but my airport and scenery are hiding. I just don't know how to proceed to track down the cause of them being shown in one part of the program but not in another.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you click in the white space after adding the scenery as it says in #4.

Radar

CaptainEugene Guest

I didn't as I am on Windows 10 and that part indicated it related to Windows 7.

I have just deleted one item (an airport) then using the steps in #4 (including clicking the white space) added it back. Alas, the problem remains. I have checked the box to clear the scenery cache and see that the database does get rebuilt but still without my airport or other scenery.

To be sure I'm doing the right thing, I am selecting the folder that contains two folders: scenery and texture.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Scenery add-ons have always been difficult to figure out when they go wrong.
It's usually one simple thing that we can't put our finger on.
All I can say is check out the read-me that came with the download, you can even email the designer for help, they are a nice bunch.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...