Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Question about re-painting.

clayloch11 Guest

Hello,
I am very new to repainting aircraft from FS2004. One question: How do you repaint the default aircraft?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You might want to have a look at this ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6187/tutorials/

Help! 🤔

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've been pretty interested in this kind of stuff lately, yet I didn't know how to do it. So it makes me wonder why I never asked 🤔

Anyway thanks clayloch11 for asking the question and thanks for the link Tailhook.

Man, I am feeling thankful tonight.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

clayloch11 wrote:

Hello,
I am very new to repainting aircraft from FS2004. One question: How do you repaint the default aircraft?

The process of repainting default a/c is not as straightforward as repainting other a/c because of their mirrored textures (ie what you paint on the starboard side of the aircraft is automatically painted in mirror(reversed) image on the port side of the a/c.
As you are new to repainting, I would suggest that you start with a simple GA aircraft, of which there are many available to download from the various download sites. Then you can progress to the larger a/c.
Of course, the most important aspect of repainting is that you have a very good photo editor which has layered properties.
Good luck to you in your repaint efforts

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Quick question: I don't know how to draw diagonal lines using photoshop .Would anyone be able to help with this minor problem?