Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Question about re-painting.

clayloch11 Guest

Hello,
I am very new to repainting aircraft from FS2004. One question: How do you repaint the default aircraft?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've been pretty interested in this kind of stuff lately, yet I didn't know how to do it. So it makes me wonder why I never asked Think

Anyway thanks clayloch11 for asking the question and thanks for the link Tailhook.

Man, I am feeling thankful tonight.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

clayloch11 wrote:

Hello,
I am very new to repainting aircraft from FS2004. One question: How do you repaint the default aircraft?

The process of repainting default a/c is not as straightforward as repainting other a/c because of their mirrored textures (ie what you paint on the starboard side of the aircraft is automatically painted in mirror(reversed) image on the port side of the a/c.
As you are new to repainting, I would suggest that you start with a simple GA aircraft, of which there are many available to download from the various download sites. Then you can progress to the larger a/c.
Of course, the most important aspect of repainting is that you have a very good photo editor which has layered properties.
Good luck to you in your repaint efforts

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Quick question: I don't know how to draw diagonal lines using photoshop .Would anyone be able to help with this minor problem?