Weird Problem....Can't Takeoff???

Pro Member Trainee
wvushark Trainee

Hello all,
First post here. I have downloaded and use several different types of aircraft, as well as Traffic 2005. I have noticed now that when I try to fly an AirBus 380, Boeing 777, or a couple other large aircraft, I can't get off the ground. It really strange....at the end of the runway I wil be at well over 200 knots, and not even a hint of liftoff. Also, for some strange reason the planes tend to veer to the left. I have re-calibrated my joystick, still the same result. If I load a Gulfstream at the same airport, then no problem. Any ideas, please some help would be very much appreciated.

Raymond

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Have you used flaps? What about trim? Those are a must to use before takeoff.

Your problem with aircrafts turning to the left could be the wind that is causing that. Or maybe try lowering the Torque (I think it was this one) setting a little bit to the left.

Hope that helps. 😉

EDIT: I forgot to welcome you aboard 😂 Enjoy your stay! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lighten your load of cargo and fuel and see if that helps.
By the way what video card do you have.
Welcome!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Make sure auto pilot is off

Welcome

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Ok i had the same problem and now i understood how to take of with heavy planes its so easy now so listen up !!

First make sure that the flaps and auto brake are as usual as its should be then when u are linig up staraight the rwy make the throughtle to 100 n1 becuase its heavy planes then when the plane starts to increaseget ur pitch to ur self so let the plane to have a soft take off then when its more 155 kts try to get ur pitch towards u then the plane will start taking off but notice that :

the length of rwy for heave plane should be 10000 ft and more length check what rwy u are gonna take off if its less no doubt u are not taking off if there are any problems so tell me !!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

First make sure that the flaps and auto brake are as usual as its should be then when u are linig up staraight the rwy make the throughtle to 100 n1 becuase its heavy planes then when the plane starts to increaseget ur pitch to ur self so let the plane to have a soft take off then when its more 155 kts try to get ur pitch towards u then the plane will start taking off but notice that :

the length of rwy for heave plane should be 10000 ft and more length check what rwy u are gonna take off if its less no doubt u are not taking off if there are any problems so tell me !!

I know this "txt" stuff they use in their flip-phones is hard to read, so I've taken the liberty of translating it into english with punctuation and grammar.

First, be sure that the flaps and autobrake are set in the proper takeoff configuration. When you turn onto the runway, increase the throttle to 100% N1. Because the aircraft is heavy. When the aircraft speed approaches Vr, slowly increase pitch so that you take off gently. When the indicated speed is over 155KIAS pull back on the stick so the aircraft will take off.

Notice that the length of the runway should be no less than 10,000 feet. Check the map to be sure of the length of the runway.

Pro Member Trainee
joshcass Trainee

dude just uninstall it then re nstall it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

I know this "txt" stuff they use in their flip-phones is hard to read, so I've taken the liberty of translating it into english with punctuation and grammar.

First, be sure that the flaps and autobrake are set in the proper takeoff configuration. When you turn onto the runway, increase the throttle to 100% N1. Because the aircraft is heavy. When the aircraft speed approaches Vr, slowly increase pitch so that you take off gently. When the indicated speed is over 155KIAS pull back on the stick so the aircraft will take off.

Notice that the length of the runway should be no less than 10,000 feet. Check the map to be sure of the length of the runway.

Immaculate translation (Ipresume) FEM 👍

Any chance of hiring you on a permanent basis???

This "txt" stuff being hard to read is an understatement. I cannot understand any of it and have given up.

Keep up the good work for the sake of us with less talent Help!

line up

brakes on

Flaps for take off

Trim for take ff (important if the trim is incorrect you won't be able to rotate)

throttle 40% N1

brakes off

throttle 95% N1

when reach take off speed rotate

positive rate of climb gear up

above 200ft (shouldn't take long) reduce flaps in stages

climb 1800 fpm @ 200kts

increase speed to 250kts to FL10

after FL10 you can increase speed to best speed or best rate of climb

Cruise altitude set to cruise speed

That's it (ish!)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...