ILS signal lost??

Hi! well something strange occures with my Simulator (2004), when i am on the ILS aproach the signal always goes away when i am like 3 miles from the airport 😕 I dont know if it is a Glitch or what?? Has someone experience something like this with the sim??

Thanks

Marcelo

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Ed Guest

Hmm, a few questions come to mind-- does it happen at all airports, or just certain ones? When you say the ILS signal, do you mean the localizer or the glide slope, or both? Are you sure you're on the right runway and heading?

The signal "goes away?" Are you listening to the signal on audio and losing it there, as well?

Has it always done this, or did it just start doing it?

Ed

I have signal and i here the morse code but when i am at the glide slope it goes away, the aproach button goes off, I have correct heading freq etc. It happens at Mroc Airport Juan Santamaria INT landing at runway 7 Maybe someone can try it to see if it does the same please... By the way its happening only at this airport

Thanks!

Marcelo

Guest Ed Guest

Marcelo,

I'll try it next time I fly, but this week has been so hectic with working overtime that I haven't flown for a while.

Ed

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

The only time that I lose the signal is when I am: 1. Too far to the left or right; and 2. Too high or too low.

I don't know if that helps.

Don Wood Guest

"The only time that I lose the signal is when I am: 1. Too far to the left or right; and 2. Too high or too low. "

I'm not sure exactly what that means but in the real world, if you are on an ILS approach and you get a full needle deflection (all the way to the right, left, top, or bottom) or you lose the ILS signal, you are required to immedialtely execute a missed approach. It could be that the loss of signal is FS9's subtle way of telling you you are too far off course to safely continue the approach.

Thanks a lot for the info!!Well i re installed FS2004 and it didnt happened anymore so thats good 😀 Thanks again for your help!!

Marcelo

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...