Google Earth, or is it Earth Google?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Hi All

Just found that Google Earth can be used with fs2004, has anyone tried it yet?

If so, do you think it's useful, or what?

I've played around with GE, and find it very interesting, and can imagine, that if it works well with fs2004, that it would make VFR much more fun, and less likely to get lost. You don't get lost! Well I do frequently, the built in terrain sim of fs2004 I find very misleading. Still it could be due to my age, suppose. 😂 😂

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

How can it be used? In what ways?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Sounds interesting, how does it work?

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

OK my friends, seems I've stirred up some interest, go to this URL, scroll a little way down, and a lot will be revealed. It is very interesting, but I'm a bit slow in understanding some of the technicalities, but know many hands make light work, I've heard! Group Wave

http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/index.htm

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I just downloaded Google earth and checked out a few places. It just so happens we are taking a little road trip this weekend to a place we have never been. I found where we were going with it (the house we were going to). I was able to identify the land marks leading to it. Pretty neat.

Now if we can figure out how to make it work in FS2004. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Well, we have plenty of brain power on this forum I think, one of the brighter ones, will surely figure it all out.

All the info is available, when you download the programs as recommended on that site. I shall print it all out tomorrow, and then get a headache trying to put it into operation.

For me, it's a bit like lighting the blue touch paper, and retiring to a safe distance.

I'm off to bed, catch up tomorrow.

Cheers.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...